oh kitty

George revels in the warmth of the blanket underneath him. The soft fabric brushes against his cheek lightly as he shifts curling on himself further.

The fuzzy cocoon mirrors the feeling of basking in the sun. He can never get enough of it.

George smiles in his sleep, tranquil, peaceful without disturbance. A perfect bubble.

All too soon a noise taps against his bubble threatening to pop it. George shoves his face deeper into the blanket to escape the intrusion.

Yet the disturbance is nothing but persistent. The further George tries to hide the louder the noise gets.

George feels a bout of irritation course through him. The noise is slowly becoming intelligible.

George flicks his ear as the familiar voice makes itself known, yanking George from his peaceful realm, “Oh George!”

George flattens his ears against his head as tightly as he can. His face scrunches in distaste as the voice keeps up its incessant calling, “I know you can hear me Kitten.”

He refuses to yield curling into a tight ball. His tail swishes in the air momentarily. Alas that is a fatal mistake.

A strong hand grips onto his tail yanking it with a decent amount of force.

George pounces out of his blanket cocoon, hair disheveled, eyes scanning the room wildly.

Dream freezes, green eyes blown wide. He quickly looks between George’s growing infuriated expression to the brown tail he still clutches in his right hand. Dream chuckles lightly, “Well looks like you caught me uh,” he pauses glancing away from George, “tail handed...”

George narrows his eyes watching his boyfriend dig a deeper hole. Dream smiles weakly letting go, “Cause ya know instead of red handed, it’s tailed handed because I was-“

George cuts Dream off from his spiel not in the mood. He rubs his eyes roughly, “Why”. He stops, taking in Dream’s apologetic expression. His underlip juts out subconsciously in a pout. A swirl of fondness makes its home in George’s heart. Irritating fondness perhaps but fondness nonetheless.

A smiles twitches at the sides of his lips threatening to spill over, “Why am I even dating you?”

Dream brightens, relief washing over his features. He leans forward into George’s face smirking confidently, “Cause you love me.”

George leans forward as a smile dances along his lips. He doesn’t bother denying the statement. They both know it rings true.

Dream fills with sudden anticipation following George’s movement to close the distance. He closes his eyes awaiting the feeling of soft plush lips against his own.

George raises his hands to Dream’s chest abruptly pushing with all his might. Dream flails tipping off the bed mumbling a string of curses.

George doesn’t bother to watch his boyfriend fall. Instead he chooses to spend his time rearranging his blanket to its previous placement. Prime nap time placement. Satisified, he slowly lowers himself against the bed. His eyelids flutter preparing for slumber.

Dream shuffles from the ground not standing up fully. He leans against the bed watching George start to doze once again. Dream pulls against the blanket shaking George with the motion, “Nope no more cat naps.”

George groans blinking one eye open blearily, “Are you an idiot? I am a cat”, he trails off, “well kind of.”

Dream studies the way George’s ear twitches quickly in annoyance. A similar displeasure is shown as George meets Dream’s gaze scowling.