Chapter sixty-five - Panic

Newt's POV

I woke up to a small cry coming from my side. Immediately my eyes shot open and I looked next to me. Nora lay in her place like usual and it seemed like nothing was wrong, until she let out another cry.

'Nora?' I bend over to see her face. Her eyes were still closed and I assumed she was asleep and was probably just sleeping talking again. I lay down again.

Nora muttered something so quietly I couldn't even hear it, so I just ignored it and tried to fall asleep again.

'No.' Nora mumbled. Immediately all my attention was drawn to her again. No?

'No, no, no.' Nora continued mumbling the words over and over again.

'Nora?' I shook her shoulders lightly but she didn't open her eyes.

'Help.' Nora whispered. 'No. You can't do this.' Her voice was shaking and I was getting worried. She let out another cry and continued murmuring stuff that didn't really make sense.

'No, no!' Nora raised her voice.

'Love, wake up, please.' I said worriedly.

Her words started to turn into cries and every time they got louder.

'Nora.' I shook her again, but there was no response. Suddenly she screamed so loud, it made me flinch. 'Come on, Nora.' I gently said.

Another heartbreaking scream echoed through the Glade, followed by some sobs. Can a person cry in their sleep? Is she having a nightmare?

'No!' Nora cried out as her screams started to get louder. Again, I shook her, but not hard enough to wake her up.

Nora started twisting and turning on her spot. 'N-no!' She cried through the sobs.

When Nora started crying into the pillow, I shook her whole body, rougher than before.

Finally, she seemed to open her eyes, but the cries never stopped. Instead, they only got louder.

'Nora, love. Calm down.' I wrapped my arms around her, but she didn't hug back. Tears streamed down her face as she sat straight up in the bed. I noticed that one of her hands was on her chest, which moved up and down in fast motions.

'Nora, tell me what's going on.' I cupped her face but she didn't look at me. She stayed silent and the only thing I heard was Nora's cries and sobs.
'Nora? What's happening?'

'I-.' Nora got up from her bed and I noticed how shaky her hands were. She put one of them on her forehead as she took a few steps through the hut. 'I-.' She stuttered again, never finishing her sentence.

Suddenly someone rushed into Nora's hut. 'What's happening?' Minho ran in. He wore shorts and a grey shirt. His hair was messy and he looked sleepy.
'I heard screams. And not happy screams.'

'I don't know what the hell is happening! She just- I don't know... she bloody scares me.'

Minho moved closer to Nora, who sat down on the ground with her back leaning against the wall. Her shaking hands were still on her chest, which moved up and down way too fast. Tears streamed down her face. After inspecting Nora for a few seconds, Minho looked at me.

'Go get the Med-jacks.' He said.

'What? Why? What's happening?'

'For god's sake, Newt! Just do it! This is serious!'

It convinced me enough to go to the Homestead and wake up Clint and Jeff.

~