Chapter forty-two - Love Made Me Crazy

Newt's POV

At dinner, I wondered where Nora was. She usually sat with us. I thought she might be with Clint and Jeff again since she was with them at lunch too.

'Clint, Jeff, where's Nora?' I walked up to the two boys.

'She isn't with you?' Jeff asked.

'No. She isn't anywhere around.'

'Maybe she's still in the med-hut.' Clint said.

Quickly and worried about Nora I walked to the med-hut. Something was off today. She was acting weird.

'Nora?' I looked in the med-hut, but the only person who was there was Alby. In a hurry, I walked to her hut and knocked on the door.

'Love?' I asked. No response. I grabbed the door handle and pushed, but the door didn't open. Something blocked it. 'Nora, open the door.' I said. I wasn't sure what was going on. Maybe she was just getting dressed?

'Come on, Nora. Say something!'

No response again.

'Nora, open the door!' I yelled.

I started knocking on the door a little harder. 'Nora!' I was getting impatient. 'Come on!'

After thirty more seconds, I had enough and started pushing the door. Eventually, I found myself banging on it. 'Nora!' I shouted worried. What was happening? Why didn't she open the door? She didn't cut herself again, did she?

'Open the door!' I pushed my whole body against the door and it moved a bit. 'Nora, please!' I repeated banging on the door and eventually, it opened.

~

My breathing hitched in my throat and my mouth dropped open at the image. Nora was lying on the floor with a knife next to her. A pool of blood surrounded her and red stains were all over her clothes. Blood flowed out of her wrist and I could barely see the difference between cuts and skin. All of it was red.

Almost in tears, I bend down, pulled her lifeless body onto my lap and looked at her face. I couldn't tell if she was breathing or not.

'Someone help!' I shouted in panic. 'Help!' I didn't know what to do. Why would she do this to herself? 'Someone help!' I screamed again. Tears formed in my eyes as I looked at Nora.

Logan stormed into Nora's hut but immediately stopped moving when he saw me and Nora. In shock, he stood there.

'Logan, do something!' I shouted.

He got shaken out of his trance and bend down next to us. I was panicking too much to say something else. Logan grabbed Nora out of my hands and I got up. Logan lifted Nora's lifeless body and handed her over to me.

'Go get the Med-jacks!' I looked at Logan who gave me a nod.

Quick, but gentle, I lifted Nora and ran to the med-hut. Luckily the two other Med-jacks were already there.

'Here!' Clint motioned at an empty bed. The white sheets turned red when I lay Nora on top of it.

'She won't stop bleeding!' I yelled in frustration. Clint and Jeff started wrapping bandages around her wrist like crazy.

When they were done Jeff wiped some sweat off his forehead. 'When is she gonna wake up?!' I immediately asked.

'We need to know what happened first.' Clint said, way too calmly.

'What does it matter what happened?!' I wasn't going to tell them what happened. Not without Nora's permission. 'How long is it going to take for her to wake up?!'