Chapter eight - Tell Them

I ran off to my own hut and closed the door behind me. I sat down on my bed, my knees up to my chest and my hands covering my eyes. I could still feel Adam's hands on me and the only thing I could do was cry. I felt horrible, and didn't know what to do. If Adam had the chance, he would do it again, but I wasn't gonna let that happen. I had to tell someone.

After a while my sobs started to get quieter and I took a few deep breaths. When I opened my eyes again I noticed the wrist where Adam held me, it was completely blue.

It took me another few minutes to completely calm down. I breathed in and out, and then got up from my bed. I wiped the tears away from my cheeks and rubbed my eyes. I straightened my green shorts and black top a little. Then I got out of my hut.

I walked over to all the picnic tables and to my surprise I saw Newt and Gally sitting at the same table, talking to each other. I knew that the two boys didn't like each other very much, so why were they talking? They both had a very serious look on their faces and they were really close to each other, it looked like the conversation was private.

I walked over to them and Gally noticed me. He gave Newt a glance and then turned to me again.

I sat down next to Newt and in front of Gally. I was thinking about how I was going to tell them. 'I need to tell you something.' I started.

The two boys looked at me.

'Go on.' Gally said, but he didn't sound impatient.

'I, uhm- I.' I didn't know how to tell them.

'It's alright, take your time.' Newt had noticed my stress.

No one else was around, it was just me, Newt and Gally, what gave me a more comfortable feeling. These two were probably the ones in the whole Glade I liked and trusted the most, plus Minho and the two Med-jacks.

'I don't know- I don't know how to say it.'

'Nora, it's alright. You can talk to us.' Gally saw that I was upset about something.

'He touched me.' I said really quietly as I looked down.

'I'm so sorry, love. But I can't hear you.' Newt said.

Suddenly Gally moved my hand and looked at my wrist. 'What happened?' He asked as he looked at the blue bruise.

'He touched me.' I said a little louder this time.

'Can you tell us what happened?' Newt asked with a soft voice.

'He said he- he said he got a cut. When I wanted to treat it, he moved closer to- to me.' I felt tears form in my eyes. 'And he started touching me.' I said the last few words really quietly.

Tears streamed down my face.

'Who?' Gally asked with an stern voice.

Meanwhile Newt laid his hands on my shaky ones.

'Who did it?' Gally asked again.

Suddenly I saw Adam walking trough the Glade behind Gally. I moved closer to Newt and fear washed over my body.

Gally turned around and looked at Adam. 'Was it him?' He asked in a serious tone.

The only thing I could do was nod. Gally abruptly got up, his eyes full of fire. He ran over to Adam and harshly pushed him onto the ground. Gally jumped on top of him and started punching.

I couldn't do anything else, but cry. Tears streamed down my face.

'It's okay, it's okay.' Newt pulled me into a hug and I cried in his shoulder. Newt gently rubbed my back in order to calm me down.

𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 - Maze Runner, Newtजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें