Chapter sixty-two - Prank

Credits to: TMRobsessedgirly ❤️

~

I and Newt got ourselves some lunch and sat down at a table. Not even a minute later Chuck joined us with a big grin on his face.

'What're you thinking?' I asked suspiciously.

'Nothing.' Chuck chuckled lightly. Newt frowned and I raised my eyebrows but we both didn't say anything. 'Where's Minho?' My cousin asked.

'In the maze.' Newt replied. 'Why?'

'I just wanted to tell him something.' Chuck said with the same small chuckle.

'And what exactly are you going to tell him?' I wondered.

'That's a secret.' Chuck replied.

I glanced at Newt and thought about something Minho said in the maze. 'Minho told me I talk in my sleep?'

'That's right.' Newt smiled.

'What'd I say?'

'Nothing special. Most of the time you just mumbled some names.' Newt answered.

'Nothing else?'

'Nope.'

Relieved I continued eating my food and after a while, I was done.

'I'm gonna go again. See ya!' And with that, Chuck walked off.

Newt looked at me. 'What do you want to do?'

'Uhm... I don't know. What do you want to do?'

'I don't know either.' Newt chuckled lightly. 'We can go check on Alby?'

'Yeah, of course.' We got up and walked over to the med-hut.

'Alby?' Newt asked once we arrived. Just as the previous night, Alby was sitting on the bed.

'Did he talk?' I asked Clint.

'Yes. This morning to Thomas. He said he remembered Thomas and that Thomas was always their favorite or something.'

I frowned. 'What do you remember, Alby?' I wondered.

'Everything.' A tear streamed down his face.

'We'll leave him alone for a bit.' Jeff decided. He motioned for me and Newt to come with him.

'Does he really remember everything?' Newt lowered his voice.

'I don't know.' Jeff sighed. 'Maybe.'

~

While eating dinner Chuck suddenly got up from the table and ran over to Minho, who just got out of the maze. Confused I looked at the two of them talking and after a few minutes they both sat down, with annoyingly big grins on their faces.

'Chuck, what's going on?' I looked at the kid.

'Nothing.' Chuck said again.

'What're y'all doing after dinner?' Minho asked me and Newt.

'Sleeping I guess. Why?' I replied.

'No reason.'

Confused I kept eating until Minho and Chuck got up from the table.

'Where are you going?' Newt asked.

'The Homestead.' Minho casually replied.

The two boys walked off to the Homestead. 'They're doing something.' I commented.

'Most likely.' Newt responded.

After about five minutes both of us finished our food. 'Should we go to my hut?' I questioned when I saw Newt's empty plate.

'Sure.' We handed our plates to Frypan and started walking to my hut.

'I hope Alby will talk normally tomorrow.' Newt sighed.

'Yeah.' I opened the door to my hut. 'I guess the serum wo-'

I got interrupted by a cold liquid falling on top of me. I let out a yelp and shivered. After rubbing whatever fell on top of me out of my eyes, I opened them. Newt was still standing next to me, frozen in his place. A dark brown liquid dripped down his whole body. His hair was sticking to his forehead and his clothes were completely ruined. I almost let out a chuckle at the sight.

'What the hell.' Newt muttered and looked at me. I looked just the same as him. My whole body was covered in the same liquid.

'Haha! Got you!' I heard someone behind me shout. Quickly I turned around and saw Minho and Chuck standing behind me. Minho was grinning and Chuck smiling from ear to ear.

'You did this?' I asked them.

Chuck let out a giggle. 'You look ridiculous.'

'Did you do this?' I asked once again. I looked at Minho.

'Chuck, we better run.' Minho grabbed the kid his arm and they started running. Without hesitation, I ran after them. I could easily outrun Chuck, but I wasn't going to. It was Minho who I was trying to get.

'Minho!' I yelled and kept running. I was so close to Minho when out of a sudden he stopped and turned around. Almost stumbling over him I stopped running too.

'This color really brightens your eyes.' Minho grinned.

'What is this?' I motioned at the liquid. 'I swear to god if it's po-'

'It's water mixed with dirt.' Minho quickly said. 'A lot of dirt.' He added.

'You're gonna pay for this.'

'Mhm.' Minho smirked. 'I guess I will.' And with that, he walked off.

With balled fists, I walked back to Newt, who was still standing in front of my hut. 'I swear to god, Minho-.' I muttered.

'This is disgusting.' Newt sighed.

'I guess I have to take a shower.' I looked at Newt and got closer to him.

'Mind if I join?'

'Not at all.'

~

A/N: I just love cliffhangers :)