Chapter nineteen - Embarrassed

After a while I saw some boys waking up, so me and Newt decided to go down again. Newt climbed down first and I followed. At the last step of the ladder Newt grabbed my hand so I wouldn't fall. Another shock of electricity flashed trough my hand as I touched Newt.

Together we walked towards the kitchen to get breakfast. There was already a small line with boys, so we had to wait a few minutes before we got out food.

'Thank, Fry.' I smiled as Frypan handed me a plate. He gave me a nod and continued giving other boys food.

'Should we join Minho?' Newt looked at Minho who was sitting all alone.

'Sure.' We walked over to him and sat down.

'Morning.' Minho looked at the two of us.

'What?' I asked when he kept looking.

'Nothing.'

I frowned and started eating.

'Why are you still wearing your pyjamas?' Minho asked. 'Both of you.'

'We didn't have time to put our normal clothes on.' I simply replied, but then I realized how weird it sounded. 'That is not what I meant-.' I felt my face heat up as Minho smirked at me.

'Did you guys sle-.'

'Minho, aren't you supposed to be in the maze?!' I quickly asked before he could finish his sentence.

'Day off.' He shrugged.

'Why don't I have a day off sometime?' I mocked.

'Because you need to take care of people.' Newt replied. 'If there are no Med-jacks available then we have a problem. But maybe you'll have to take turns with days off. Like sometimes you have a day off and sometimes Clint or Jeff.'

'I like that idea.' I said. The three of us continued eating until I was done. 'I'm gonna go, bye!' I handed Frypan my plate and headed to the med-hut.

'Morning, Greenie.' Jeff greeted me.

'Hey.' I sat down and watched Clint treating a Builder.

~

I got my lunch and looked around. Logan was sitting alone again, so I decided to join him.

'Hey, Logan.' I sat down.

'Hey.' His eyes light up when he saw someone joining him. 'How are you?' He asked.

'I'm fine. You?'

'I'm okay too.' He smiled a little.

I leaned my head on my hand and started eating. Without even noticing it my eyes followed Newt, who was walking around. His perfect blonde hair shined in the sun as the wind made it a little messy, which looked amazing. He smiled at Frypan and it looked really cute. I loved his smile and could watch for hou-

'You like him, don't you?' Logan suddenly asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and quickly looked at Logan.

'What?' I blinked a few times.

'You like him.'

'Who?' I asked. 'Newt? No!' I felt my cheeks get red.

'God, you're a bad liar.' Logan laughed. 'It's obvious. You stare at him all the time, you're with him all the time, you laugh at eveything he says, you-'

'Okay, okay. I get it! You got me.' I laughed a little, but my face turned even redder.

'You're wearing his sweater too.' Logan looked at the beige sweater.