Chapter fifty-four - Problems

A/N:
Okay, so before you ask about this chapter... just don't. This randomly came up in my mind and I liked to add this. I wrote this at 2 a.m. lol. So uhm, enjoy the cringy stuff I guess by the way I guess it's still kind of normal since they're teenagers... you'll see what I mean. 

~

Me, Newt, and Logan walked out of the med-hut once it was time for lunch. Newt had told us he already felt a lot better and I was glad to hear that.

'Hey, Newt.' Thomas looked up. 'Good to see you back.' He said.

'Thanks, Tommy.'

I smiled at the nickname Newt gave Thomas.

'How're you doing?' Thomas asked.

'Better than before.' Newt let out a chuckle and started eating.

'Thomas, did you find anything in the maze?' I asked.

'Not yet. Section seven won't open again.' He sighed.

I gave Newt a questioning look.

'What?' He asked.

I raised my eyebrows. 'Can I try?'

'Try what?' Newt asked.

I almost sighed out loud. 'Being a Runner.'

'We talked about this.'

'Yelled.' I corrected him. Logan let out a chuckle under his breath. 'Though we never really got to a conclusion.'

'You're hurt right now.' Newt said. 'So you can't go into the maze.'

'Said who?'

'Me.'

'I'm healing.' I muttered.

'We'll see later.' Newt decided. I knew there probably wasn't going to be a later but still nodded. After all, I didn't feel like getting into another fight with Newt.

~

After dinner, we decided to have a bonfire just so we could have a little fun. Alby still hadn't woken up and I was starting to wonder if that serum even helped. Since Alby wasn't there, mostly Newt and Minho took care of everything.

'Try not to get drunk.' Minho whispered in my ear. My cheeks turned red and I glanced at him.

'I'll keep it in mind.' I mumbled.

Newt and some others turned the fire on and I watched the flames. Somehow they looked beautiful. The red and orange colors mixed and spat everywhere.

'Hey, love.' Newt sat down next to me with two jars in his hands. 'Don't drink it too fast.' He chuckled.

'I can't even remember what happened at the last bonfire.' I laughed a little. 'So you tell me, what happened?'

'Didn't Minho already tell you?' Newt looked at me.

'He did, but I'm sure that wasn't the whole story.' I looked Newt in the eyes. 'So, go on.'

'Mhm.' Newt averted his eyes from me and took a sip of his drink.

'Mhm, yes?' I asked full of hope.

'Mhm, no.' Newt corrected.

'Come on, I'm curious! I want to know if I did something else that was embarrassing.' I insisted.

'It isn't embarrassing for you.' Newt said. 'But it is for me. So I ain't gonna tell you.'

'How can I- what?' I frowned and didn't understand a word about what Newt said. Minho had told me I sat on his lap, yes. But that was it.

𝐑𝐞𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 - Maze Runner, NewtOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara