Chapter six - Nosebleeds

The next day I was waiting outside until the boys were done with the gathering.

Finally, after what felt like hours, Alby got out of the gathering hut. I immediately got up and looked at him.

'Congrats, you're a Med-jack.' He smiled.

'Okay, thank you, Alby.'

Alby nodded and walked away. I was happy about my job. I liked doing it and it was the only thing I was good at.

'Hey, Nora. Guess you're coming with us now.' The two other Med-jacks walked over to me.

'Yeah, nice.'

'Let's just go already then.' Clint started walking to the med-hut and I followed.

~

'How's your hand doing by the way?' Jeff looked at my still bandaged hand.

'Not that bad, it's already healing.'

Suddenly Gally walked into the med-hut.

'Got another nail in ya hand, Gally?' Clint sighed.

'Yes, here we go again.' Gally sat down on the chair in front of me.

'Greenie, you can check it out.' Jeff said and I nodded.

I started inspecting Gally's finger to see how bad it was. The nail was already out of the wound, leaving a nasty cut. I cleaned it and put on a bandage.

'Done. Just keep it on until the wound healed.'

Gally thanked me and walked out of the hut.

'Lunch time already.' Clint looked up from his watch and walked out of the hut, me and Jeff followed.

'I'm going to Newt.' I said when I saw Newt sitting all alone. 'I'll see you guys after lunch.' I said goodbye and quickly got some food. Then I walked over to Newt.

'Can I join you?'

Newt looked up and nodded. I sat down in front of him.

'Have you got anything special to do today?' I asked out of interest.

'No, don't think so. How is being a Med-jack?'

'Great.' I replied before taking a bite of food.

'Your hut is done by the way.' Newt announced after a while.

'Okay, great. Thanks for saying.'

Our conversation was a little akward and we both finished our food quickly.

'I'll see you at dinner then.' Newt said once he saw my empty plate.

'Yeah, bye.'

~

'Should I show you your room?' Newt asked when me, Minho and him finished eating dinner.

'Sure.' I got up and followed Newt. My hut was right next to Newt's and it looked the same from the outside. Newt opened the door and let me in. There was a bed, small closet and a desk with a wooden chair. On the desk was a small box with a note on it.

'What's that?' I asked as I walked over to it.

'It came up with you in the Box.' Newt said.

I opened the note and read it.

Hello Nora,

We thought you might need this.

- W.C.K.D

After reading the small note I opened the box. There were some small things in there: Hair ties, a razor, a hair brush, pads and some tampons.

'What's in there?' Newt walked over to me and looked in the box. 'What the shuck is this?' He grabbed a tampon and held it in front of his face.