Chapter forty-eight - Clothes

Nora's POV

'So do you want to go to Logan now?' Newt asked when I finished cleaning everything up. I could hear the hope I would say no in his voice.

'No. I'll see him tomorrow.' I decided. A smirk appeared on Newt's face. 'Stop being so proud.'

His smirk disappeared but his eyes stayed satisfied. 'Fine.'

'Let's go.' We walked out of the med-hut and I headed off to my hut. As expected, Newt followed me. I decided to joke around a little bit.

'What do you think you're doing?' I stopped in front of the door.

'What do you mean?' Newt stopped walking too.

'Go to your own hut. This is mine.' I turned around and Newt's face fell. 'Did you seriously think I would let you come in here after you fought Logan?'

'Uhm..' Newt rubbed the back of his neck. I waited for Newt to respond.

'Just kidding. You can come in.' I opened the door.

Newt let out an annoyed sigh and got in my hut.

Completely silent me and Newt stood in the room. I was tired and wanted to go to sleep, but the problem was, I couldn't do anything with my left arm. Meaning, I couldn't even change myself.

'Newt?' I quietly asked.

'Yes, love?' He immediately looked up. Butterflies flew through my stomach.

'So- uhm, you know my arm is numb, right?' I bit my lip.

'Yes?' Newt asked. The worry was clearly visible in his tone.

'Well, it's numb-.' I repeated. Gosh! Just ask Nora! He's your shucking boyfriend! 'So I can't do anything with it..'

Newt patiently waited for me to continue.

'Meaning, I also can't change myself.' I said, slowly and quietly.

'You want me to help you?' Newt asked.

'I mean- uh.. if you would be okay with that then it would be-.'

'I asked a question you're supposed to answer with yes or no, love.' Newt interrupted me.

'Yes.' I mumbled a little ashamed.

'Okay.' Newt got closer to me. 'I'll try to be careful.'

I gave him a nod. Newt took the sign and slowly pulled my shirt over my head. Carefully he slid it over my bandaged wrist. When he was done the put the shirt on the desk chair.

'What do you want to wear?' Newt asked while looking at my chest, or rather, staring. He couldn't take his eyes off it.

'Newt.' I sternly said.

'Sorry.' He got shaken out of his trance and blinked a few times. I chuckled lightly.

'What do you want to wear?' Newt repeated as he looked through my closet.

'The usual.'

Newt glanced at me and let out a laugh. 'Fine.'

Out of sudden Newt pulled his sweater out. Shocked I looked at his bare chest. Though there were bruises on his stomach, the muscles were still very visible.

'Nora.' Newt said, just like I had done.

'Sorry.' I said, just like he had done.

We both let out a small laugh and Newt put the sweater on me. The smell of it was amazing, just as always. So comfortable.