Chapter 96 - Rough Day And Misunderstandings

It was a new and a very rough day for Sam as she was called in to work with leading hospital in Nottingham due to her experience and sam operated a new borns who had complications during pregnancy and infant had heart complications it was surgery on twins.

Surgery went for more than 10 hours and doctors tried their best to save the infants life but due to failure of lungs and brain she passed away. It was very heartbreaking moment for Sam and other doctors as well. They were able to save one of them while other passed away.

They conveyed the news to the child's parents who were distraught at first but were relieved too that their other child is safe and doing well.

Sam took the news pretty badly as this was the first time that someone passed away and that too a newborn during the surgery despite trying everything to save the life. Sam had a break down after the surgery and even had a break down in front of the parents and she was being comforted by senior doctors and the couple as well after coming to know that she is just 22 and it's her first loss of patient as a doctor they knew how hard it can be while losing a patient's life during the procedure.

Couple were grateful to the doctor's as they were told that none of them will make it but baby boy survived both fetus developed complications after 1st trimester and it was detected only after 2nd trimester where abortion was out of question as it would have risked all of their lives and they continued their pregnancy progress in hospital under the care of doctors.

Senior doctors hugged sam and consoled her and asked one of the trusted staff to drop her back to her hotel as she wasn't in a state of mind to drive back and wasn't feeling the best either she was getting under the weather working day and night without rest.

It took an hour to drive back and she got inside the hotel and went in search of vee but staff told her that everyone has gone in for an outing in morning only and won't be back till night knowing she was working and not knowing when will she come back.

Sam was very upset not finding anyone and she went rushing towards her room and went to freshen up and to distract Herself she started working on their reports scheduling their physio sessions.

She looked at her phone but found no one's message. "Must be enjoying their time together shouldn't disturb them or be a third wheeler to their family time". Sam thought and a food trolley was dropped by her door step.

"Ma'am virat sir asked us to send food for you when you come back he told us to make sure you have your meal". Server said.

"Umm take this back i am not hungry and i have work to do and you won't be in any sorts of trouble that's my word no one will tell you anything". Sam said politely and he looked skeptical but eventually nodded taking the food back.

She continued with her work and due to all the happenings of the day she wasn't able to concentrate on her work but kept herself engrossed in work.

Her mind drifted off to the time they landed in England and their WTC loss how she got everyone together and how they had their better half's by their side to help them through the loss.

She even felt soo lonely having to tag along with boys as a third wheel to their dates and outings and everyone teasing her jokingly not having Harry around her to spend some time together it was just playful jokes and teasings because always it's the other way round sam couldn't help but miss Harry more and more. Virat observed how distant she was being from them and he tried to involve her in everything but she refused to tag along with them not wanting to intrude their family time together as they hardly get time together.

She was missing her own family her twin brother she soo badly wanted him at the moment but he was still missing. She was missing Harry and wanted him to pop in England to be by her side because she needed him the most.