Chapter 14 - Reality Check

Sam was in deep thoughts thinking about ways to make shubhi and washy free from the guilt they were carrying.

They both were awfully silent. Sam was thinking soo deeply that she was zoned out. Virat had called her twice as he was showing her something but she did not respond making him worried and he looked at her.

"Baby sis". He said shaking her breaking her trance. "Huhh". She said and looked at him only to find him concerned.

"Where are you lost baby sis, i was calling you from last 2 minutes". Virat said concerned.

"No where was thinking something". She said and he looked at her for a while and took her hand in his taking her to balcony and settled down.

"Now tell me what's wrong and what are you thinking this deeply, that you did not hear me call you twice". Virat asked and sam sighed.

"Thinking a way to make shubhi and washy guilty free which they are holding, they both have gone awfully silent and when the ball hit my shoulder washy has been soo guilty that his behaviour changed and his bowling pattern changed too. You know i was able to easily hit his ball for a six without applying force which isn't a good sign. We need to make him guilty free and boast his confidence which he lost after hitting my shoulder. Trust me if he continues bowling like this it will pose a problem for you guys he will leak many runs and you guys wouldn't want that to happen and about shubhi he got out in first bowl of first over and he is losing confidence and he is questioning his skills and he is dejected with himself and this isn't a good sign either. Just need to think some way to make them guilty free and to bring them back in their old self". Sam said looking forward and virat was listening to this carefully and he had his mouth wide open.

"Jeez we need to do something about them good that you can read body language and faces or else we wouldn't have got to know about their behaviour". Virat said wrapping his arm around her shoulder and kissed her temple.

They sat thinking about ideas and spending some quality time together when others came in search of them as they found them missing only to find them sitting in the balcony looking forward.

"Not fair spending time without us". They said making them to turn around and they smiled. "Join us no one is stopping you". Virat said and they all grinned and settled down around them and started talking.

"Guys what if i quit this job?". Sam asked out of the blue making them to look at her in shock.

"Where this rubbish thoughts came in your mind, you aren't doing anything stupid like this?". Mahi bhai said to which she looked at him had an eye conversation with him and she blinked her eyes in assurance making him to realise she is doing it on purpose.

Seniors looked at her and she blinked her eyes in assurance and they kept mum. "You aren't quitting this job". Younger one's said.

"What If i make mistake which ends up with something bad happening, what If i take a risk and the result turns out to be negative". She said wondering.

"Sam life is all about taking risk if you don't take risk than you will never know what you're capable off doing, we should try something different and take a risk rather than playing safe. The outcome can come positive too you know but if you don't even try than its equal to failure, right?". Shubhi said and sam exactly wanted someone to say this.

"Exactly if you don't try something new than you won't get to know what you are capable of doing". Sam said grinning looking at him.  "What do you mean?". They asked.

"Shubhi tried a different shot today and he got out, he took a risk but he failed that doesn't mean you will stop taking risk, cricket is a game of taking risk. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work but atleast you got to know that the shot you wanted to play did not work it's worth taking a risk, improvise on something new but don't stop progressing and don't let failures affect your confidence take them as a motivation and give your best in another match, sometimes you may score a century in one match while in other match you may get out at nil too, but you tried your best remember that. I want you guys to find positive from negative. One match doesn't defines your performance. Your progress defines your performance not the score. Some people will say negative about your performance they are no one to judge you without knowing how much efforts you have put it for your performance, they will speak and forget it but you know you guys have put your best foot forward and you should be proud that you did your best, don't listen to what others, you all are best in your own way no need to explain it to others". Sam explained them and they had a huge smile on their face. Indirectly sam took their session without even them knowing about it.