Chapter 59: Seeing Red

Third Person P.O.V.

Back in the forest, Blake and Adam continue to fight each other intensely. Their blades clang loudly as they clash back and forth. As their blades lock, Blake hears a distant explosion from behind her. Blake's distraction causes her to dodge quickly from Adam's attack. Blake uses the kusarigama form of Gambol Shroud to grapple and swing from tree to tree. Adam gives chase.

"Can you do anything besides run?!"

Adam then jumps onto a tree trunk and leaps off of it as he continues to pursue Blake, who continues leaping from branch to branch. Adam then fires Wilt and it crashes into Blake's kusarigama just as she was about to grapple onto another tree. Due to her loss of momentum, Adam manages to catch up and slash at her, but he merely just slashes Blake's trench coat off.

Blake kicks off Adam, knocking him back. As Blake lands back on the ground, she fires at Adam, who blocks some of her shots but some manage to still hit him. The two then leap out of the forest and find themselves on a natural stone bridge in front of a waterfall.

The two then clash again, with Blake evading Adam's attacks with her own Semblance. Blake manages to catch Adam's sword with her own cleaver/sheath, leaving Adam to defend himself with Blush. Eventually, Adam catches Blake's wrist and blocks her katana with Blush.

"I wouldn't have to be doing this if you just behaved!"

Suddenly, Adam grabs his sword and flings away Blake's cleaver, before knocking her in the side of her head with the hilt of Wilt. Blake gets knocked back several feet. "But you're SELFISH!!" Adam knocks Blake back again. "You're a COWARD!!" Adam again knocks Blake back a few feet.

"You're delusional...!"

Adam points his sword at Blake's abdominal scar that he gave her before. Adam then uses his Semblance, which causes Blake's katana blade to break in half. The broken weapon clatters a few feet away from Blake.

Adam then stops to remove the blindfold from his eyes.

"People hurt me long before we met... All sorts of people in all sorts of ways..." Blake looks away sadly upon hearing this. "... but no one hurt me quite like you..." Blake looks back up to Adam as she sees his own eyes: his right eye a healthy blue eye, his left eye scarred permanently with a brand labeled 'SDC'. "You didn't leave scars, you just left me alone."

============================================================

Y/N rides next to Yang as they stop.

"I need you to go in first, then I'll jump in to overwhelm the threat. Got it?"

Yang nods and drives off as Y/N walks into the bushes.

============================================================

As Adam continues talking, Blake hears a motorcycle drawing close.

"So... tell me, Blake... how does it feel to be alone?"

Blake doesn't pay attention to what Adam says as she hears the noise get closer. Suddenly, Adam raises his sword and lets out a loud yell in fury as he stabs Blake in the abdomen.

Her form disappears, another Semblance clone. Adam then looks behind him as Blake picks up her cleaver.

"I'm not alone."

Suddenly, from above the waterfall, Yang drives her motorcycle off of the cliff and jumps off, as it crashes into Adam, knocking him down, before falling off into the river below.

She lands a few feet away from Blake as they stare down Adam as he glares.

"You..."

Yang fires a shot Adam, which he blocks. Yang then activates the shotgun in her prosthetic arm.