Prologue

"I have nothing to lose, but something to gain."

Y/N P.O.V.

My name is 'Y/N de León'. Born in Lisbon, Portugal, then became an orphan at the age of 6 for two years. The bright side is that I lived with my adoptive family for a decade: Yua (my adoptive mother) and Doe (my adoptive sister and wife) for eight years in Tokyo, Japan and five years in Toronto, Canada.

Doe and I went by different names in Japan for the purpose of documentation and education. Doe went by 'Doroshii Burau' and I went by 'Y/J/N (Your Japanese Name) Raion'.

I fill a satchel with water bottles, beef jerky, dried fruit, trail mix, peanut butter, roasted coffee beans, Hyorogan dumplings, Kikatsugan dumplings, Suikatsugan dumplings, and one of my favorite snacks: dark chocolate. Then I place some smoke bombs and Mitsubushi in my coat. I look at my satchel on the table and see the butterfly knives I've had and trained with since I was a homeless child and place them in my pockets.

I walk into the dojo where I trained most of my time.

I have been living for a bit since the age of eight after being homeless for two years in Lisbon and moved to Tokyo with Yua and Doe as they were going on a trip in Portugal for an occasion after Yua adopted me, a homeless orphan boy. I even joined the Canadian military for a couple years when we moved to Canada five years ago.

My mother and mentor, Yua Tsutsuji, was murdered recently and I know the monster who killed her all too well. Murdered on January 20, just three days ago by my ex-girlfriend and buried next to my wife, back here in our home in Yokohama.

Flashback

Yua and I were walking in the park around the park for my twenty-first birthday after the semester ended. Just spending time with her was all I wanted as I had no one else and she was more than happy to do so. At that point, Yua was the only person I could turn to and she taught me everything I know, even quite a few different martial arts and disciplines.

To describe Yua, she was a height of 5'6, which is 4 inches shorter than my height of 5'10. She had long and silky black hair, fair olive skin due to being of Egyptian and Swahili heritage, violet eyes, and wore a white kimono with black flowers at home; in public, she wore a light gray shirt, navy blue jeans, a fedora, and light brown leather flats. She also looked far younger than she was due to a rich and healthy diet; if anyone were to have a first guess, they'd guess that she was in her late twenties to her early thirties, but she was actually forty years of age.

As Yua with her bamboo shikomizue and I were walking, Yua turned to me and smiled as she looked at me.

"I know you're in your senior year in college here in Yokohama right now, but I might be able to contact the government to investigate your abuse."

I looked at her with slight hope, even if I am broken due to grief.

"Really? Why would you go through this trouble for me?"

A/N: You speak with a Portuguese accent.

Yua giggled and responded, "Because you're my son. You're a good person and you're highly intelligent. You will accomplish a lot in your life. You just needed guidance."

As we walked near the lake, Yua gasped as I heard the pump of a shotgun too late and she jumped behind me as she held her gut in pain with her gut and hands coated in her blood due to the buckshot. I heard stomping as I noticed my ex-girlfriend, Clarisse, with her black hair and green eyes. She put her sawed-off shotgun back on her back with no one around.

Yua started coughing and I held her hand as tears formed in my eyes.

"M-mom?!"

I grabbed Yua's phone and called 911 to get a hospital.