Chapter 12: Welcome to Beacon

"When there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can't hurt you."

Y/N P.O.V.

As I'm sitting in the dorm, I get a text from my mom:

"Hello son. Would you meet me in the courtyard?"

I text a thumbs up and go to the courtyard to see my mom, standing at 5'2 but wearing geta sandals that give her an extra 2 inches at 5'4, as she smiles and waves, then hugs me as she looks up at me.

"Oh it's so good to see you Y/N! How have you been? Have you made any friends? Are you doing well?" Mom giggles and releases her hug. "What team are you on?"

I rub the back of my neck and chuckle.

"About that... I am a solo. I support three teams and another solo support and I'm going to be accompanying Team RWBY for the freshman mission."

"That's unorthodox... but great to hear nonetheless! Did you find anyone you're interested in~? The dance is coming up."

"It's... complicated. I have nine girls who have their eyes on me. While I am aware of their feelings, I just assumed it was a form of mild infatuation except for Pyrrha, since I've known her for a while now. But now deep inside, I know the truth. I'm anxious about accepting one and hurting the others. So I'm just waiting to see if any of them makes the first move."

"Oh and who are they?"

"All of Team RWBY consisting of Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Weiss Schnee..."

"Schnee? Never would've thought one of them would take an interest in a Faunus."

"Blake Belladonna..."

"Blake? I remember her! You two met when you were younger while I was discussing the shipment of crops with her parents. You might've been a bit too young to remember, like only two."

"Nora Valkyrie and Pyrrha Nikos on Team JNPR..."

"Pyrrha? It's been obvious for a while that she loves you."

"And the two girls on Team CFVY: Coco Adel and Velvet Scarlatina."

"That's eight, but who's the ninth?"

"A week back, I got into a fight with the other solo at the docks. I discussed it with Professor Ozpin and managed to get her accepted into the Academy since I felt sorry for her; she was left behind by Roman Torchwick. Her name is Neo Politan." I sigh again. "Do you want to meet them?"

M/N smiles and perks up.

"Absolutely!"

I smile and look down to her.

"So what brings you to Beacon?"

"Ummm... the farm was burned down."

I stiffen and clench my fists.

"By who? And what of Apache?"

"It is suspected by authorities to be the White Fang, but I found... scratch carvings on the door."

"A Grimm?"

"No. The scratches looked like that of a tiger, yet they smelt of metal. Like it's been cut by a knife. Apache was found dead under the collapsed burnt roof of the stable."

"Black Tyger?"

"Yes. That's who I am suspecting."

============================================================

Sun P.O.V.

Outside the library, Neptune, Sage, Scarlet, and I are walking together.

"I just don't want to screw this up, you know? The people here are the coolest! No offense to you guys." Neptune shakes his head as Sage and Scarlet roll their eyes.