Chapter 4: Players and Pieces

"It is better to have less thunder in the mouth, and more lightning in the hand."

Ozpin P.O.V.

As I'm watching the students on my Scroll at the Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest, Goodwitch walks up behind me, holding her own tablet as I see Y/N's fight on the bridge.

"The last pair has been formed sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy... I can't possibly imagine those two getting along. Still, he's probably better off than Ms. Nikos."

The video changes to Pyrrha and Jaune's trek through the woods.

"Mmmm..."

"I don't care what his transcripts say. That Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat. I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? Professor Ozpin?"

I look back at the tablet and sigh as I nod.

"And what of Mr. L/N?"

"It seems he hasn't found a partner." I sip my mug.

"Something feels extremely different about him. His soul and Aura almost feel older than what his body is. I suppose we'll get some answers. What is especially interesting is that at no point in recent history did a person survive crossing the Bridge of Shadows, yet he did." Glynda nods and I mutter to myself, "Just who are you Y/N L/N?"

Ruby P.O.V.

As I'm sitting in the grass, picking at stray leaves, Weiss is walking back and forth in random directions.

"It's definitely this way. I mean... this way! It's definitely this way. Alright, it's official: We passed it."

"Weiss, why can't you just admit that you have no idea where we're going?"

"Because I know exactly where we're going! We're going... to... the forest temple!" I sigh in frustration.

"Oh stop it! You don't know where we are, either!"

"Well, at least I'm not pretending like I know everything."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're a big, stupid jerk and I hate you!" Weiss sighs.

"Just keep moving!"

"Oh, just keep moving! Hurry up! Waaaah! Watch where you're going! Why are you so bossy?"

Weiss's eyes widen and she turns around to me.

"I'm not bossy! Don't say things like that!"

Weiss paces herself to get away from me as I dejectedly sigh to myself.

Fox P.O.V.

As Coco and I make our way through the forest, I turn my head towards a noise in the bushes.

"Did you hear that?"

Coco flips her handbag to change it form into a minigun and rev up.

Coco and I start to hear more Beowolves walking out of the forest and Coco smirks.

"Allow me to handle this."

I take several steps back and put my hands up.

Coco fires her minigun, shredding the Beowolves and the bush and trees around them as the sounds of howling and the revving of her gun fill the air. When she's sure they're dead, She stops shooting and places another belt of ammo into her gun and shifts Gianduja back into its handbag form as I just stand still.