Chapter 20: Breach

"You can only fight the way you practice."

Jaune P.O.V.

I am sleeping during the night inside my dormroom.

"Waffles..."

I wake up to a call on my Scroll, with the ringtone 'It's a Big Ursa!' playing.

"Hello?" I hear noise for six seconds from Ruby's Scroll before the call ends. "Uh, Ruby?"

============================================================

Later on, my team, Neo, and I walk out at dawn towards our Bullhead as Pyrrha tries to reassure me.

"I'm sure they're fine."

I look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"You think?" Nora just shrugs.

"Probably a butt dial..."

Ren looks to me.

"Team RWBY has always performed exceptionally in the field. We should be focusing on our own mission."

Nora throws her hands up.

"We're gonna be deputies!"

I rub my forehead. "I just got this feeling... I don't know."

Pyrrha reaches out to me.

"Jaune...". Alarms ring out as we see the city up in smoke. My eyes widen as I look back to my team, Nora covering her ears in pain.

"We're changing our mission. Everyone on board!" As we head toward our Bullhead, I do a headcount and place my hand on Ren's shoulder. "Ren, we'll make it to that village another time." He nods and we step on and I look to the pilot. "Take us to the city!"

Cinder P.O.V.

As the Bullhead takes off, Mercury, Emerald, and I watch nearby.

Emerald's eyes widen.

"You don't think..."

Mercury nods.

"Sure looks like it."

"That's still days away!"

Mercury looks to me as I stare at the city and focus.

"So? What do we do?"

============================================================

Y/N P.O.V.

We're surrounded in the middle of the pavilion by Beowolves, Ursai, and a massive King Taijitu.

The King Taijitu unleashes a mighty roar, signaling the Grimm to attack. Ruby plants Crescent Rose on the ground before kicking away the Grimm.

Yang propels herself upwards, performing aerial bombardments with Ember Celica on the Grimm before three Giant Nevermores send her crashing to the ground. Blake slashes a Beowolf with Gambol Shroud before firing on the other approaching Grimm. Weiss slashes three Beowolves, before summoning a glyph to conjure up an ice blade. Yang, back on the ground, sends several cars flying towards the Grimm. I decapitate several Beowolves with Starlight in its naginata form.

As Ruby finishes slashing at a Grimm, she notices the King Taijitu ready for the attack, until the both of us also see Nora flying on Magnhild towards the King Taijitu, slamming it on the head and killing the beast while saying, "Nora Smash!"

Pyrrha, Ren, Neo, and Jaune jump out of the Bullhead. Ren holding out his StormFlower, Pyrrha holding her sword and shield, Neo with Hush in its dart gun form, and Jaune with Crocea Mors in its katana form.