CHAPTER 51 - SEE YOU NEXT TIME NOT GOODBYE

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

When Taiga and I arrived home after such a tiring day, we saw that the door was unlocked. "OMG, someone broke it!" I yelled.

Taiga stood in front of me as we slowly crept into the apartment. 

When we looked at the shoes near the door, we sighed in relief. It was only my parents and his dad.

"We're back!" "WELCOME HOME!" "CONGRATS ON THE WIN!" They yelled. We were welcomed home with big hugs. I ran and hugged my parents.

I missed them a lot, after not seeing them for a few months. I can't even imagine being Taiga, away from his dad for almost a year. 

"My baby girl." Mom and dad got emotional. "It's nice to see you again, mom, dad." I smiled.

I even hugged Taiga's dad, he was like an uncle to me. "Haruto-san." I smiled. "Well, well. If it isn't a little Ms. (F/N)." I laughed. 

The rest of the night, we spent catching up with the adults. 

"I'll take the couch. (D/N), (M/N), you can take the guest bedroom. I'm taking (F/N) and Taiga sleep in the same bed." Haruto-san said.

I walked to the closest and grabbed some blankets for Taiga's dad. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Of course! Don't worry about me!" He smiled.

After bidding everyone goodnight, Taiga and I started to get ready for bed. 

"No funny business with my daughter, Taiga!" Dad yelled. "I WON'T!" Taiga yelled back.

When we both crashed into the bed, we fell right asleep. We were just that exhausted.

The next few days, we took our parents sightseeing in Japan before we had to go home to America. 

Mom, dad, and Taiga's dad's flights were booked early in the morning while our flight was in the afternoon.

When it was our turn to leave for America, hours before the flight, I met up with the Generation of Miracles one last time, bidding them a see you next time and not a goodbye. 

"I'm always available to talk to so don't be shy and give me a call." I smiled. Before leaving, I gave them something special.

"I know it's not even Fall let alone Winter yet but I made you all scarves. I don't expect you all to wear it but it's the thought that counts, right?" I asked.

After one more round of hugs, I made my way to the airport. 

"YOU BETTER BECOME A BETTER PLAYER THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND!" They yelled at me. I smirked. "OH I WILL!"

In the taxi ride to the airport to meet Taiga, I watched the scenery change and go by. -I wish I could talk to Tatsu in person.- 

I sighed. Seirin was there to see Taiga off. "Thank you for the short 2 years together!" Taiga yelled.

Taiga bowed to them. "Same here." The team smiled. "Kagami-kun." I watched Kuroko walk up to my boyfriend and raise his hand. 

"Do your best to become the best NBA player. I give you my best wishes." He said. "I will."

I smiled at the 2 of them. "With my efforts, I will show you that I'll become #1." Taiga said. 

"Thank you for everything up until now." Tetsuya thanked him. "Yeah." 

I bowed to Seirin as well before Taiga and I started to line up. 

"Thank you for everything. I know I've only been with you guys for a few months, I will cherish the memories we have created together." I said.

The team smiled at me and waved. "We can say the same thing to you, (F/N)-chan." The line was long as hell. -I wish I came here earlier.- 

Taiga held my hand with the excuse of me being short that I would get lost. 

He placed on his headphones to listen to music while I leaned against him while scrolling on my phone.

Looking at his red eyes, I could see a bunch of memories he had with Seirin. I let go of his hand which made him look at me. 

"Go, my love. Say everything out loud so it doesn't feel heavy in your heart." I said. 

With that, I watched as he ran to go look for Tetsuya.

POV - KAGAMI TAIGA

I ran around the airport, leaving (F/N) to save our spot to look for Kuroko. "KUROKO!" I yelled. I was able to stop him before he left. 

"Earlier, I lied about becoming the best player. It was overconfident, I don't know if I can actually become the best. But, fighting against Jabberwock, I realized I can't do it half heartedly. They were super strong and without the GOMS, we would have lost." I said.

I looked down. "Over there, there will be so many walls I will be slamming into. But if I think about it, no matter what walls... Damn it, what am I even saying?" 

I started to choke on my own words.

"Anyways, you're my shadow! You're one of the reasons why I am who I am today! One of the ones who's been looking after me. Thank you, Kuroko!" I yelled.

I felt tears falling down my face. I watched as the shorter male also wiped his tears.

"Many walls you will slam into? Isn't that obvious? You of all people thought that you can go on without any bumps on the road? That's funny." I irked. 

"You don't have to say it like that!" I snapped. "Please go hit a wall and die." Kuroko told me with a straight face. 

"HEY!" He then raised his hand into a fist.

"Even so, if it's you, I believe you can do it. From here on out, I will be your shadow." He said. "Yeah." I nodded. "Goodbye, Kagami-kun." 

I raised my fist as well. We then split ways, I went to (F/N) and stood right beside her.

"I can't believe my boyfriend is such a crybaby." I irked. "You should be talking." She giggled. 

"I never said it was a bad thing." It was silent between us. 

"I know I said it already but... Thank you, Taiga. For defeating the GOMs for me. Without you, I don't know what I would be doing." She said.

(F/N) hugged me tightly while I hugged her back. "Anything for you." I stared at the sky through the window. 

"Together, let's become the best NBA and WNBA players the world has yet to see." I told her.

"Yeah. Let's just wait and see what the world has in store for us." (F/N) nodded with a soft smile.

I looked at (F/N) in the eyes before kissing her lips. "Thank you for being there for me, since the beginning."