CHAPTER 35 - DON'T DROP YOUR GUARD

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

Ever since Ryouta and Tetsuya entered the court, the air became tense. It was hard to breathe freely, even if I'm not even on the court. 

I watched as the ball was in Kaijo's hands and once it was in the hands of my former yellow haired student, it was like he was undefeatable.

He went past everyone, scoring basket after basket. He was in his perfect copy stage. 

Nothing was stopping him until Riko-chan called for a timeout. 

-What would you do now, Seirin?- After the timeout, it looked like they had a plan but Kaijo really weren't going down without a fight.

"THERE CATCHING UP!" "IT'S JUST A 10 POINT DIFFERENCE!" "THEY'LL GET DEVOURED BY KAIJO IN AN INSTANT!" The crowd yelled.

As the game proceeded, it seemed like the crowd was now cheering for Kaijo and not Seirin. 

"Tch. Don't get me wrong but like just because you see a team catching up doesn't mean you can just be a bandwagon." Tatsu just patted my head. 

"It's only natural people would cheer for Kaijo after that break away. Now, it's Seirin that is gonna struggle. Every time Kaijo scores, the stand goes wild. Their mistakes will be praised and their shots will be met with silence. With the pressure, the stand has turned against them. Under all of this, it will be impossible to score." He said.

I looked at Tatsu. "Hai hai. No need to go into that much detail." I smiled.

Just then, Taiga fouled Ryouta but before his free throw, Riko-chan called for another time out and as the team walked off the court, Seirin seemed less tense. 

I smiled and closed my eyes. -It's probably because of something stupid Taiga said.-

After their talk, it was time for Ryouta's free throws. And as expected, he made both baskets. Now there was only a 5 point gap. 

As the game continued, the stand watched as Seirin never gave up yet and started to cheer for both teams. However, Ryouta scored and now Kaijo was in the lead with a 1 point gap.

"THEY DID IT!" "KAIJO'S FINALLY OVERTAKEN SEIRIN!" "SEIRIN! TIMEOUT!" "Another time out?" The crowd yelled.

"This is the last time they know for sure they can get one so it's obvious they would take it. Since there is not a lot of time left, there's no guarantee of them getting another timeout. They have to solve this problem now." Atsushi said.

I looked up at the giant purple haired male. "I wonder how Seirin is gonna stop Kise's advances?" Tatsu asked.

"This is Seirin, Tatsu. They are almost unpredictable." I smiled in amusement.

Once the timeout yet again was done and the game was back only like around 40 seconds left, it seems like Seirin can break through this tough time.

Taiga was luckily able to make a basket and now Seirin was in the lead by a point. Seirin's next game plan was for Tetsuya to mark Ryouta. 

To other people, it seems ridiculous but in my eyes, I can already tell what they were trying to do. -Must be Tetsuya's idea.-

Their plan was for Ryouta to move freely but they already planned an opening to take the ball into their possession. 

But it seems like it wasn't going to plan because then Ryouta passed to Kasamatsu-senpai who went for a shot and made it. There was only 3 seconds left.