CHAPTER 1 - BASKETBALL BOND

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

Since the day I was able to walk, my dad started to teach me how to play basketball. Ever since then, I fell in love with the sport.

Dad told me I had natural talent for the sport. Oh, how rude of me. I'm (F/N) (L/N)! I'm half (your nationality) and half Japanese living in America.

My mom is (your nationality) and my dad is Japanese. Dad was a former basketball player for the Japanese national team.

Mom's a professional chef. We currently are living in LA, California where it is all sunshine and rainbows. Ish.

*Timeskip*

It was a regular day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping. And here I am, on the first day of school.

I was starting 2nd grade and was put in a grade 2/3 split class. I wasn't really one for making friends so I don't really have many friends despite being popular since I play basketball and I got good looks.

I was sitting in my seat, waiting for the bell to ring, as I scanned the room.

That was when my eyes landed on a boy with black hair that covered 1 of his eyes and had a beauty mark under his eye. I looked at his name tag. Tatsuya Himuro. -He's Japanese.-

He looked lonely so I decided to go talk to him since there was 5 minutes until the bell would ring. "Hey." I started. He looked at me and nodded.

"I'm (L/N) (F/N)! I saw your name tag and thought that you might be Japanese. Are you?" I switched the language.

"Huh? Oh, ya I am. I'm Himuro Tatsuya. Nice to meet you, (L/N)-san." The boy said. I smiled. 

"You can call me (Y/N). I'm half Japanese so I'm not all big about formalities." I watched as he nodded.

"Ok. You can call me Tatsuya then. No honorifics needed." Tatsuya said to me with a smile. "Sweet." I grinned.

And that's how I met my 1st best friend, Tatsuya. Together we started to make other friends and played basketball together.

*Timeskip*

Me and Tatsuya are now in 3rd and 4th grade. We were playing street ball when we were off by 1 player.

"Tatsu. Can you go find a player?" I asked. "Sure." I saw Tatsu walk out the court and approach a kid with red features.

He looks like the new kid in my grade too. The 2 boys started to walk closer to the group. 

"Tatsuya! Did you find someone to join?" One of the boys shouted. "Yeah! His name is Taiga. (F/N), he's also Japanese!" Tatsu shouted back. I smiled.

"Really? Sweet! Hi, my name is (L/N) (F/N) but you can call me (F/N). Nice to meet you." I introduced myself.

"Uhm. I'm Kagami Taiga. Nice to meet you too, (Y/N)-san." The red head introduced himself. I nodded.

"(F/N) is just fine. I'm half Japanese so I'm not all big with formalities." I smiled. "Ok. You can call me Taiga then." The boy continued. "Okie!" I grinned.

"Great! Taiga will play on Tatsuya's side!" The other boy yelled. We all started to play and obviously, my team won. Though, Tatsu's team did really well.

Me, Tatsu, and Taiga started to walk home together since we found out we lived near each other. Taiga started to talk about making friends.

"Why? You're asking me how to make friends?" Tatsu asked with a confused face.