CHAPTER 5 - KUROKO TETSUYA

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Once practice was over, (F/N) headed over to the 3rd string's gym and started to coach Kuroko. 

Mostly on his dribbling and passing which made the boy confused but complied either way. 

Aomine was walking when he heard the dribbling of balls that Momoi was talking about. He opened the door. "Hey. WHOA!" Aomine shouted.

When Aomine looked around and saw no one, he crouched down and started to ramble. "Um... Pardon me but who are you?" Kuroko asked.

(F/N) was snickering in the corner at how stupid Aomine looks right now.

"Ah, Aomine-kun." The said boy turned around and saw the boy and his coach. 

"Eh? EH!? COACH!" He shouted. "Hi, Daiki." (F/N) waved at the boy. The 3 sat down and started to talk. 

"Heh, so you've been staying after school to practise to get promoted. And you're here, Coach, to help him. Wow, the guys in the 1st string won't do that. Especially since practice is brutal." "I've heard from Coach (F/N)." 

Aomine was impressed. "Alright! I've decided!" He shouted. "Eh?" Kuroko looked up at the boy.

"I'll practise here with you guys everyday from now and on! And one day, Coach (F/N) will let us stay on the same court together, Tetsu!" Aomine smiled.

Hearing the nickname 'Tetsu' really brought memories flooding (F/N)'s head. Tetsu... Tetsu... Tatsu. 

The boy is like a brother figure to the young girl that she left in America with her crush, Taiga. Along with her family, loved ones, and fellow basketball master, Alex.

"Are you sure?" The light haired boy asked. "Stupid! There's no right or wrong. I said you can't be bad since you like basketball." Aomine smiled.

"If you keep polishing your skills, I can always promote you, you know Tetsuya?" (F/N) asked the boy.

Kuroko's eyes widened from hearing his first name. "I usually call people by their first name when I think of them as worthy. So you earned it." She smiled.

He looked and saw (F/N) smiling. Aomine stuck out his fist for a fist bump with Kuroko which he gladly returned.

The next few days were all sunshine and rainbows for Aomine. Even Momoi noticed it. 

"Aomine-kun, you look like you're having fun lately." The female pointed out.

"Ah, I guess. I found a guy that loves basketball. Probably more than me." Aomine explained. "Eh?" The manager questioned.

Aomine looked up to see (F/N) smiling at him, knowing that he was talking about Kuroko. 

Later on that day, a coach came by to see if there was any promotion but no, there wasn't.

Kuroko was actually pulled aside to talk about how the lowest 5 of the 3rd string would have to drop out of the club and 1 of them was Kuroko. 

It was like his entire being was crushed. As he walked home, Kuroko couldn't help but crouch down and cry. 

The next day for personal pratice, Kuroko dropped the bomb to (F/N) and Aomine. The 2 were shocked.

"I love basketball but it's been months since I joined and if I'm not suited for the club, then there's nothing I can do. Especially here at Teiko Middle School, I can't imagine I could be of any use." He said in a low voice.

(F/N) had enough. "There is no such thing as a useless player on a team. Despite being a coach with almost no experience, I know that." Aomine spoke up.