CHAPTER 10 - DOWNFALL

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

After the tournament, the 3rd year retired to focus on their high school careers. 

The main coaches were talking about the future of the team and expressed their worries for the team yet they didn't really do anything about it. 

"If (F/N)-san wasn't on our team, then we wouldn't have noticed their play style. She has the eyes of a legend." The head coach said. "You're right." They continued to talk.

"If that's what you're worrying about, don't be. If we have you and (Y/N), it'll be..." Coach Sanada was cut off when he saw the head coach lying down on the floor. 

"COACH SHIROGANE!" (F/N), who was nearby, heard the shout and barged into the room and saw the scene. "OH my! COACH!" She screamed.

Ever since then, things have started to go south. Coach Sanada was now the head coach and (F/N) was promoted as a normal coach rather than a student coach. 

During practice, (F/N) saw how the small change had become bigger. Murasakibara and Aomine had started to snap at everything. 

Kuroko started to lose hope too. Coach Sanada also noticed the changes.

Coach Sanada was called to the head master's office to discuss the successes of the GOM. Use them to the school's advantage, create a good image of the school. 

Midorima stayed after practice to try something out. "Shintarou, what are you doing staying here this late?" She asked. He looked to the side to see his coach.

"Coach (F/N). I'm just trying out some shoots from different distances." He told her. "I see. If you need any help, I'm always here." She smiled.

(F/N) sat down on a bench and took out her laptop. "What are you doing, Coach?" The green haired boy asked,

"Just reviewing some data on the team Satsuki gave me." The female replied. "I see." 

Midorima continued what he did. He was almost at his desired goal. "Bend your knees more to give you extra power." (F/N) told the boy.

He did as (F/N) said and made the shot. "Thanks." He thanked the female. "That's what I'm here for." (F/N) smiled.

As Midorima started to pack all the basketballs up, (F/N) helped him with them. Though, the boy couldn't help but ask for something that the female has. 

"Hey, Coach?" Midorima called out. "Yes?" She replied. 

"Do you perhaps have an EOS lip balm? They are really hard to find in Japan but I know there are a lot in America." The boy explained.

"I do, why?" (F/N) asked. "It's tomorrow's luck charm." The female understood. "I see. I'll give it to you and I want it back later." (F/N) said. "Of course." 

(F/N) went to her bag and gave Midorima his lucky charm.

The next day, they had a game to play. They were all playing amazing yet there was thick tension with Murasakibara and Akashi. 

Momoi and (F/N) stared at the purple giant. To Momoi, his growth as a player scared her. "Coach, the club's growth really scares me." She exclaimed. "Hm. I know, Satsuki. I know." (F/N) replied.

(F/N) was trying everything she could to keep everyone together without trying to ruin the friendship.

During practice today, Aomine snapped at another boy once again, talking about how the boy was not trying with the boy telling that Aomine was just too strong.