CHAPTER 26 - MURASAKIBARA'S POWER

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

A powerful aurora surrounded Murasakibara. When Yosen had the ball, 3 players on the Seirin team triple teamed the giant but it seems like it didn't affect him. 

Yosen's number 7 then passed to Murasakibara and he dunked the ball into the basket with a thud, sending his blockers to the ground. 

Everyone in the arena was in awe and started to pity Seirin.

"Energy is weight multiplied by speed, right?" Aomine turned to his former coach. Momoi looked at Aomine in complete shock. 

"Yup. There's people that are big but slow. People that are small and fast. But Atsushi is something else. His amount of energy is in a whole different league." (F/N) sighed.

Kiyoshi then grabbed the ball and passed to Izuki that was already running down to the other side of the court, catching everyone off guard. 

That was when he felt a presence behind him making him nervous and surprised. It was Murasakibara. 

"WHAT!?" He yelled. "Izuki!" The said boy passed the ball back to the current point guard.

Kiyoshi then jumped up to shoot but a certain purple haired boy also jumped up to block him. 

Just as Kiyoshi was about to change his form to a pass and pass the ball to Izuki again, Murasakibara hit the ball away from his hands. "I'm bored of that move." The crowd went wild.

Yosen then counter attacked them with an alley oop. But before Murasakibara could slam the ball into the basket, Kagami jumped up and tried to stop the male. 

"NOT HAPPENING, MURASAKIBARA!" Kagami yelled. But in the end, he scored. 

The boy looked at the opposing team and started to lecture them about hating basketball. Without them noticing, the net started to fall down.

(F/N) stood up. "TAIGA! MOVE AWAY!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

The said boy, clueless, did as he was told and there before him, was the net that if he didn't move away in time, would crush him. Alex turned to the young coach. 

"That's... Unbelievable." Alex managed to speak. "THE WHOLE HOOP BROKE!?" "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!?" The referees then temporarily stopped the game to get the hoop fix.

Everyone stared at the culprits back in disbelief. Kiyoshi had a flashback as everyone waited for the hoop to be fixed. 

Once the hoop was back on, the game started again. Off the bat, Kiyoshi got shut down by Murasakibara. 

When Seirin tried to score, the ball bounced off the rim. Kagami and Kiyoshi went to rebound the ball but Murasakibara jumped along and got the ball via Vice Claw.

Murasakibara started to dribble the ball to the other side of the court and when he went to dunk it, Kagami and Kiyoshi went to stop him but were pushed to the ground. 

As Kagami got up, Kiyoshi wasn't able to. (F/N) bit the inside of her check. "He's at his limit. Riko-chan, he needs to get out of the court." (F/N) muttered.

Kiyoshi, on the other hand, didn't want to give up. "Kiyoshi..." Riko started.

Just then, a hand appeared in his vision. He grabbed the hand as he was pulled up... A little too high. 

"Oh thanks... Murasakibara..." The said boy started to degrade the brown haired boy. Hyuga started to yell at the younger male as Kiyoshi was tossed to him.

Kagami turned to Murasakibara with anger visible in his face. Hyuga then walked Kiyoshi to the bench where Kuroko was then subbed in. 

The team's fate is now in Kuroko's hands. Once Kiyoshi was at the seats, he couldn't help but feel sad but he still had faith in his team.

"I'll beat you in his stead!" Kuroko yelled.

Murasakibara looked at Kuroko with taunting eyes. "You? Beat me? If you're being honest, I'll crush you too, Kuro-chin!" The giant yelled.

(F/N) then had a flashback to when they were all in Teiko. Kuroko then started to give out his speech, which pissed Murasakibara off.

When Kuroko got the ball, he pulled off his Vanishing Drive against his mark and got closer to the basket. 

Just as he was about to pull off Phantom Shot, Murasakibara jumped and stuck his hand out. 

A few minutes before, Himuro told Atsushi what to do when he needed to block Kuroko's Phantom Shot.

That was when Kuroko, still in the same form, passed the ball to Kagami and they both pulled off an alley oop, shocking everyone. 

But what really shocked everyone else was that when it was now Yosen's turn to go on offence, Kuroko started to mark Murasakibara. "I'm gonna beat you!" The shadow yelled.

Yosen thought that Kuroko on Murasakibara was useless so they passed to him for the said male to score but that was when... 

"ATSUSHI!" (F/N) shouted. The referee blew his whistle. "Charging. White #9. Black ball!" 

Everyone went crazy. Kagami held his hand out for Kuroko to grab on so he could be back on his feets.

Kuroko read Murasakibara's move so he moved right into his way. Since he was pretty light, the taller male didn't feel a difference in weight against him. 

It was clever, (F/N) was even impressed. Kuroko started to plan a different way of playing against Yosen with his on court teammates.

When the ball was Seirins, Izuki passed to Hyuga and he performed his Barrier Jumper. 

Everyone underestimated Hyuga and the said boy also knew that so he irked. 

"HUH!? Like hell I'll miss it!" The ball went into the hoop making everyone impressed. It was now time to put Seirin's plan to play.

Their plan was to play as a full-court man-to-man press before Murasakibara could make it to offence so Yosen had to run and test their endurance. 

Yosen hurriedly went to the other side of the court with the ball but that was when they realised that Seirin kept changing their marks.

The reason for this was for Kuroko to steal the ball. Once the said boy stole the ball, he Phantom Shot the ball and scored. 

Seirin's number 5 started to dribble fast, thinking that he can outdo Kuroko but the said boy was able to tap the ball out of his hands. 

Izuki then grabbed the ball and made a shot that made it into the net.

Seirin started to celebrate when the sound of the referee's whistle cut it short. 

"Doesn't count." The ref said. It was the end of the 3rd quarter and Seirin was still hanging there. 

The crowd started to go wild. (F/N) sighed in her seat. "It's now the 4th quarter. It can be anyone's game now." She looked at the court with serious eyes.