CHAPTER 9 - CAPTAIN AKASHI

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - MIDORIMA SHINTARO

I was walking down the hall with Akashi. We were talking about Kuroko then the conversation switched to Haizaki when we heard Coach (F/N) talking to Haizaki. 

"You can't keep making problems, Haizaki. Especially beating people up and skipping class and practice! It's not ok." I heard her tell Haizaki. "Come on, Coach. Get off my back." 

We saw Haizaki walking away. Coach sighed. I felt pity for her. 

 She's done a lot for the club and at times had to pay extra attention to Haizaki but the dude always brushes her off.

We started to talk about Haizaki and all his bad habits. "We have no more use for him. I will recommend he leaves the club. That way Coach (F/N) could stop worrying about him and help us get better." Akashi told me.

I was shocked. The Akashi I know is calm and collected and it's like I'm talking to a different person, he looks different too. -If that's the case, then which is the real Akashi?-

POV - KUROKO TETSUYA

We were in the clubroom when we heard that Haizaki quit the team. I decided to go look for him and talk to him. 

The conversation with him was very questionable, really. The topic still lingered until practice started. 

"Prelims are in 2 months for the inter school tournaments. From now on, practice will be more demanding. The head coach will be taking over." I saw everyone flinch.

Curiosity got the best of me so I asked. The said head coach then introduced himself to me and after basic information, like how brutal the training would be. 

"He trains us like the devil." "He makes other coaches' training like child's play." The boys told me.

I flinched. -Coach (F/N)'s training is already hell. How can something beat that?-

3rd POV - AUTHOR

"Also, I have another announcement. Akashi." The head coach started. "Yes sir." Akashi nodded.

"Nijimura, you've done well. We'll be changing captains today. In Nijimura's place, Akashi Seijuro will be captain." The head coach announced.

Everyone was surprised by the sudden change. The head coach then went on about victory then practice started. 

When practice was over, the Generation Of Miracles except (F/N) and Akashi walked home together. They were talking about their new captain.

During practise the next day, there was a lot of tension between Murasakibara and Midorima that they decided to play a mini game with those 2 on the same team. 

But that ended up with Aomine and Kise fighting and Kuroko puking his life out. 

The next day, Aomine and Kise went to play as back up with the 2nd string in their match with Momoi as their manager again. Everything went back to normal. Somewhat.

Tornatments season has started and Teiko has never lost to a team yet. (F/N) started to see some changes in the players, making her cornered. 

They were less excited about basketball and were never surprised with their rankings anymore. 

Their talent was also blooming rapidly with the help of all their coaches and managers. They started to get more interviews too.

Once the inter school tournaments started, reporters would crowd the entire team. 

There was a lot of pressure during games but they managed to win their games. 

For the next game, the 3rd years played and were also under intense, unknown pressure. 

In the end, Teiko advanced to the play-offs. But during the first game in the play-offs, (F/N) or everyone saw how Aomine changed drastically.

Aomine started to play on his own and not with the team and it started to affect the team. 

From Aomine's plays, the team kept advancing up the charts and boards. When it was the finals, Teiko found themselves in a pickle. 

Everyone kept getting fouls. It was all because of the twins on the opposite team. 

"Satsuki, do you have any information on those twins?" (F/N) asked. "No. Nothing special." (F/N) was surprised.

She decided it was time to use her eyes carefully during the games. (F/N) noticed how the twins were purposely making Teiko get the fouls. 

"Unbelievable." She whispered. "Huh?" The people on the bench turned to the young coach. 

"They are purposely moving in front of the boys to get them a foul. The reefs can't see though." (F/N) explained.

"Playing sly, huh?" The coach noted. The twin then went for Kise and the referee called it.

Kise was about to snap. (F/N) stood up. "RYOTA! STOP!" She yelled. He snapped out of it and apologised. "This is no good." (F/N) commented.

When half time started, the head coach and Aomine had a private talk about how the youngster's bloom of talent was the old man's fault. 

What they didn't know was that that would lead to bigger problems. While that was happening, Momoi and (F/N) were talking.

"Their play I have a feeling is mixed with another sport. Is there anything about that?" The latter asked.

"Uhm. They did aikido when they were in 6th grade." The manager answered. "I see." (F/N) nodded.

(F/N) started to think about the sport. 

"OH! Aikido teaches one to direct the force of an opponent's attack by matching their breathing. Their ability to find perfect timing and place probably comes from that background. Good job, Satsuki." (F/N) snapped her fingers.

After that, a plan was formed and the team sky rocketed to victory. A victory that would lead to misery.