CHAPTER 41 - YES

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - KAGAMI TAIGA

After winning the Winter Cup, I was able to gather everyone of the GOMs and their teams and Alex. 

I told them my plan and when I said they started to tease me, I felt like killing them and myself all in that one moment.

After a while, they all agreed to help or just be there for me so I quickly went to get myself cleaned off and presentable for (F/N). 

I started to think about everything we've done together back when we first met. 

We walked to school together, were in the same class, played basketball, went out to eat, and the list goes on.

I remembered how scared I was when I wanted to ask her parents if I had their approval to date their only child, their only daughter. 

Luckily, they were supportive of the idea which made me sigh in relief. I stared at myself in the mirror. -You can do this.- 

I walked out the locker room and met Tasuya who handed me the flowers I asked him to get me.

"You ready, Taiga?" He smiled at me. "I am." I nodded.

I walked back to the court to see everyone standing around the sidelines. "There's a loverboy!" I irked at Aomine. 

"SHUT THE HELL UP!" I yelled. Everyone laughed but stopped when the doors opened. 

It was Alex with (F/N) who had a blindfold over her eyes.

"Are we there yet?" I heard her ask. "Almost." Alex replied.

I stood right in the middle of the court and Alex made (F/N) stand right in front of me. 

There were still people in the stands and in the building, waiting for interviews and pictures from everyone around the court. -If I get rejected...- I start to get nervous.

"Don't take off your blindfold until you hear someone say so, alright?" (F/N) nodded. I cleared my voice once I saw Alex start to facetime (F/N)'s parents along with my dad. 

"I just want to say, this might sound like I'm proposing so don't make fun of me." I started.

"I won't." (F/N) said with a small smile.

"The day I met you was when I was asked to play with you and Tatsuya when you guys were short a player to play basketball. You really caught my attention and from then on, you kept catching my attention. We did almost everything together with Tatsuya of course, and I will forever cherish those memories."

I really sounded cheesy, and I wasn't the one who wrote it, it was Alex. She was the 1st one to know about this plan I had in mind. 

"When you left for Japan to coach at Teiko, I felt a part of me go numb and empty because you were not with me anymore. But when you came back to America, I had to go to Japan." I continued.

I saw (F/N)'s tears running down her face. I wiped them for her. 

"Don't cry. Before I left, I ran into your arms and gave you a kiss on the lips and told you I liked you. I told you to wait for me and I'm happy to see that you did wait for me. When I came back to America before the Winter Cup to enhance my skills, I made a promise to you. To defeat the GOMs." I said.

"Tsk." I heard it mostly coming from Aomine. 

"And now, look. I beat all of them, with the help of my team and Kuroko of course. I can check that off my list now. Which leads me to one more thing I need to do. You can take your blindfold off." I told her.

I watched as (F/N) took it off and her (E/C) eyes clashed with my red ones.

I hid the q cards that Alex gave me and handed her the flowers, to be exact (F/F). 

"Will you finally be my girlfriend?" I asked. (F/N) started to sob and run into my arms. 

I smiled and patted her back and held her tight, but not tight enough. "Of course I will." She replied. I picked her up and tossed her in the air and started to spin us around.

"SHE SAID YES!" I yelled. Everyone started to cheer and clap loudly. 

I hugged her again and placed her forehead against mine. "Thank you, for everything (F/N)." I muttered. 

She smiled at me. "No, thank you, Taiga." We gave each other a quick kiss on the lips, making everyone go feral.

Everyone started to gather around us and congratulate us. 

After that, we were all bombarded with cameras, questions, and interviews. 

After finishing up everything, we were all able to go home. 

Me and (F/N) walked home hand in hand and had small talk. "Are you free tomorrow?" I asked as I looked down at (F/N).

"I think so. Why?" She asked. I looked the other way. "Wanna go to the arcade?" She smiled up at me. "Of course!" She answered, -Thank goodness.- 

"Alright. We'll go after lunch." She nodded. 

"You know, I think it's best if Kiyoshi-senpai goes to America." (F/N) said. "Huh?" I looked at her.

"His leg. If his surgery goes well, there is better rehab back home." She explained. "I see." I nodded.

I watched as (F/N) took out her phone. 

"When is Alex going back to America?" I asked her.

"All I know is that she's leaving after Tetsuya's birthday. I have to double check with her later." (F/N) replied.

"Kuroko's birthday, huh? The 31st?" I asked. "Yup!" (F/N) nodded.

"Got anything planned for him?" (F/N) shook her head. "Not that I know of right now." She replied.

When we got home, we both got cleaned up before (F/N) made some dinner for us, with me helping too of course. 

After we cleaned up with that, both of us ended up in my room cuddling. "You have no idea how long I waited to ask you that one question." (F/N) started to laugh.

"I know it wasn't what you wanted to say to me." She told me. "Yeah." I nodded. 

"I told Alex everything I wanted to say and she said it was boring and not worth the wait since it took years for me to confess." I started to laugh with (F/N). 

"Well, I'm happy with the results." I watched as she closed her eyes and snuggled against me. "Me too." I smiled.

Like I said before, after lunch, me and (F/N) went to the arcade for our first date as a couple. 

I wanted to win her a giant stuffed teddy bear but I swear, the game was getting on my nerves. "Move, Taiga. I got it." I watched (F/N) beat the game in a snap of a finger.

-She makes everything look so easy.- I picked the teddy bear and gave it to her. 

"I was trying to win the game to get the bear for you." I looked the other way as I gave it to her. 

"Aww. That's sweet, Taiga." She took it from me and hugged it. "Thanks." She smiled up at me with her iconic smile. "It's not a big deal."