CHAPTER 17 - WINTER CUP

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

After landing in Japan, Taiga and I picked up our belongings and he then led us back to his apartment. "Make yourself at home, (F/N)." I smiled.

"Thanks for letting me crash in like this." He looked at me. "It's not a problem. Either way, it gets pretty lonely. Oh, here, a spare key to the apartment." Taiga smiled.

He tossed the keys at me. "Thanks again." I said. Taiga then gave me a tour. 

"And this will be your room." I looked around. "I've got to say, you've got a nice apartment." I said. "Thanks."

We both started to unpack out stuff. It was dinner time and tomorrow was the beginning of the Winter Cup.

Thank goodness we stopped at the grocery store. I went into the kitchen and made hotpot while Taiga went to get himself cleaned up.

"Hey, what are you cooking?" I turned around to see Taiga with only basketball shorts on. I blushed. "Uh, hotpot." I answered. "Sweet." He placed his shirt on and then helped out.

After we finished eating, Taiga did the dishes as I went to get myself cleaned up.

"Taiga, you should get to sleep. You have the Winter Cup tomorrow and you said that Daiki is your first opponent. You need to sleep off the jet lag." I told him. 

"Ok. Good night, (F/N)." Taiga bid me goodnight. "Night." I smiled. As he walked past me, he kissed my forehead before disappearing in his room.

I smiled as I placed a hand on where he kissed me. I then went to my bedroom to sleep my jet lag away.

I'm excited to see how the Winter Cup will end this year since my former students separated ways and are in different high schools.

I do wish that Seirin will win and knock them off their high horses. I quickly put an alarm on.

-I can't wait to meet everyone again tomorrow too.- I smiled as I slipped into darkness.

I was woken up by my alarm. It was 7:00 a.m. and I'm pretty sure the commencement ceremony is at 9.

I got out of bed and started my morning routine. I went into the kitchen and started to make breakfast for me and Taiga.

A traditional American breakfast. Eggs and bacon. I then went to walk Taiga us since he wasn't awake yet. I knocked on the door to his room.

"Taiga? Come on, wake up. It's morning." I said. I didn't hear a thing. "Taiga, I'm coming in." I announced. I turned the doorknob and entered his room.

It was a basic room with basketball posters and a few photos. I walked closer to the bed where Taiga was laying. I shook him.

"Taiga, it's the morning. Wake up. It's the start of the Winter Cup." I shook him awake.

"Hmmmm." Taiga swatted my hand away and turned the other way.

-I have no choice.- I went to his blinds and opened them up. "Arg!" I heard him yell. I turned around to see Taiga finally waking up.

"What the hell!?" He turned to me angry then surprised. "Come on, you need to be at the court at 9. It's now..." I trailed off. I looked at the clock.

-IT'S ALREADY 8:30!?- "8:30! Get your ass out of bed!" I shouted. "Okok. Calm down." He slowly got up. "I made breakfast already." I told him. "Thanks, (F/N)."

Taiga got up and went to the bathroom. I did his bed since I know he won't do it and waited at the dinner table for him.

He was taking a long time. -Does he take that long to get ready in the morning?- I knocked on the bathroom door. "Taiga?" I called out. I heard snoring.