CHAPTER 24 - IMPOSSIBLE

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

After Murasakibara hit the ball out of Kagami's clutches, it was then passed to his teammate, who made a mad run for it to the other side of the court. 

He jumped and shot but the ball went out of the basket. Kagami and Kiyoshi jumped to stop any rebound from happening but Yosen's number 4 and 11 jumped up and made the basket.

Kuroko used his 'Cyclone Pass' and passed to Izuki. He dribbled the ball, thinking that there was no one on Yosen's side to get in the way but once he looked up, there he saw a giant Murasakibara in front of him. 

He was in shock and couldn't do anything, making everyone get the opportunity to get to the current side of the court.

"Izuki! Give it to me!" The said male passed the ball to his captain and as he went to shoot, Yosen's captain jumped up and was able to tap the ball. 

The ball hit the rim and Murasakibara jumped up and grabbed it. 

(F/N) watched the game intensely. 

"Shooting and getting it in is a hard skill. Only about 50-60% of the time the ball would go in the basket. That's why rebounds are present. Though, rebounds will be hard in this game." She commented.

Alex nodded. "They might actually end up with a 0 point game." Alex continued. "Ya." 

There were only 15 seconds left in the first quarter and Seirin had 0 points while Yosen had 18. 

Everyone was surprised. "Leading in the 1st quarter would change the flow of the game. It's like hell and heaven. If they don't stop this next point, they're at hell's doors." Alex said.

(F/N) nodded. "It's always important to keep a close gap between the teams but Yosen is not letting that happen." She said.

Himuro went for a shot but Kagami jumped and was able to touch the ball, making it miss the basket. 

Kiyoshi jumped up from his mark and was able to get the ball with one hand, making everyone on the court surprised. 

Sadly, it was the end of the 1st quarter. (F/N) let out a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness they stopped the next point." She said.

"Ya. Though, that doesn't save them from trouble." Alex warned.

"Ya. They played in a 2-3 zone defense. That's the best defense possible. Not only that, they have massive players." (F/N) noted.

Riko started with talking to her team about Yosen's formation. Just then Aomine and Momoi came in and saw the score board. (F/N), who heard their voices, looked at them.

"Daiki, Satsuki!" The said names looked at their former coach. "Coach (F/N)!" The greeted her.

"Come watch with us?" The young coach asked. "Us?" (F/N) smiled. 

"Meet Alexandra Garcia. She's a friend of mine from America that came to watch the Winter Cup with me. We played basketball together with Taiga and Tatsu. We coached them too." (F/N) introduced.

"Oh!" They nodded. "Alex. Meet the team that Seirin beat during the first round." (F/N) gestured to the duo.

Alex turned around and introduced herself. "My name is Alexandra Garcia. Nice to meet you guys. You can call me Alex. (F/N) likes to talk about you, GOMs." She smiled.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Momoi Satsuki." The manager started. "Aomine Daiki is the name. Nice boo..." He was cut off.

"Aomine Daiki, keep your thoughts to yourself unless you wanna die." (F/N) glanced at the boy. "Sorry..." They looked back at the court to see Kuroko with the ball.

(F/N) smiled. "So he's gonna try it now, huh?" She said out loud. "Let's actually see if it works." Everyone was curious about the form Kuroko was in. 

Murasakibara then turned to the small bow to block the ball. "NO WAY!" Momoi started. "IS HE GONNA BLOCK IT TOO!?" 

(F/N) smirked while Aomine looked unbothered. "Nope. Murasakibara can't block him." Aomine said. "Just like Tetsuya's drive, the ball vanishes." (F/N) smirked.

Kuroko shot the ball and it vanished before Murasakibara's eyes and traveled right behind him, scoring a point. 

That one point for Seirin got the crowd going wild. Alex and Momoi questioned Kuroko's form. 

"I was teaching him how to score differently from the textbooks. I don't know how his skills work so I called up Coach (F/N)." The females looked at the young coach.

"Tetsuya's form is like that since I told him to score by using his palm unlike using your fingers and wrists. Just like his powerful passes, he pushes the ball using his palms so I told him to do the same with shooting. However, he has to change his form and create a high arch to score." 

Alex looked at the younger girl. "I see. That's clever (F/N)." Alex smiled. "Thanks." The said girl smiled.

They watched as Yosen got ready for their attack. Their captain got the ball and dunked it. 

(F/N) noticed that Kagami's position was different from before. Kuroko got the ball and dribbled down to the other side of the court. 

He changed his form to his 'Phantom Shot' and 2 of Yosen's players jumped up to block him. Kuroko then passed the ball to Hyuga. "Nice pass!"

He jumped up and scored a 3 pointer. Everyone did a mini celebration though that ended fast since Yosen's captain got the ball again and dunked again. 

Kiyoshi then advised Kagami to lower his hips and be careful. 

Once he was up against Yosen's captain again, that was when he finally used his brain to think deeply about what Kiyoshi had said.

Kagami lowered his hips and was able to stop his mark for a second. 

Yosen's captain then planned to score by aiming for the backboard but then Kagami was able to block the shot. 

Seririn then attacked back but the ball hit the rim. "REBOUND!" Kiyoshi jumped up and grabbed the ball using 'Vice Claw'.

He then passed to Hyuga who fake shot the ball and passed to Kuroko. 

Kuroko moved into his 'Phantom Shot' form and Murasakibara jumped from behind him to block the ball. 

The ball vanished and went into the basket. Like that, the 2nd quarter is over with Yosen at 29 points and Seirin with 17 points.

Everyone started to get pumped up for the 3rd quarter. 

"Yosen didn't show their true nature just yet. Tetsuya will probably be pulled out since they relied on him a lot during the past 2 quarters. This is where Seirin is going to have serious trouble." (F/N) said.

(F/N) started to walk to the vending machine behind them. "They're gonna probably use Tatsu, Atsushi, Taiga and Kiyoshi-senpai the most." She said while bending over to get her drink. 

"We're in for a ride." The girl commented.