CHAPTER 28 - FINAL STRETCH

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Koganei then called for a time out and everyone went to the benches to get a swig of watch, wipe their sweat off, and discuss their new plans. 

Kogenei then told the rest of the team about what Riko told him about the game before leaving with Kiyoshi to get his knee taped up.

"Put the triple team of Kuroko, Hyuga, and Izuki on Himuro and cope with Kagami and Mitobe on the inside. In addition to that, reduce Kagami's defence area to only the paint." Riko explained.

Everyone was confused and started to question it but Koganei explained everything. The only problem in Hyuga's head was Kagami and his stubborn ass.

"Got it. In the end, it was impossible to do the same thing as Murasakibara... I'm sorry. Anyways, I'll concentrate on the paint area." Kagami apologized.

Everyone was surprised. When the game started again, everyone saw how Kuroko, Izuki, and Hyuga were on Himuro. Yosen's number 5 passed the ball to number 11.

But as he jumped, Kagami also jumped with him so he had no choice but to pass the ball to their captain who dunked the ball into the basket, making the crowd go wild. 

While that was happening, Riko and Kiyoshi were in the medical room to tape the male's leg, though it sounded strange from the outside.

"Okay! It's done. It's the best I can do until (F/N)-chan can redo it since she's better at it." Riko said.

As she was about to go get some supplies and watch the match, Kiyoshi asked if she could stay with him for a little while even though he felt like dying after getting treated by her. 

Kiyoshi had faith in the team.

POV - KUROKO TETSUYA

I watched as Kagami-kun blocked Yosen's captain from dunking properly as the ball bounced out as Murasakibara-kun dunked the ball instead. 

We had the ball but then Murasakibara-kun got the ball and pulled a counter but was stopped by Kagami-kun. He then slapped the ball out of his possession.

Everyone was so shocked that they had their mouths agape. "I really think that Kagami-kun is Seririn's ace. I think Coach (F/N) also thinks that too." I said.

I looked at the crowd and saw her smirking that Kagami-kun is in the zone. Everyone started to shout at Kagami-kun's one handed block.

When the game continued and Himuro-kun had the ball, he broke right out of our block without getting any fouls which made us shocked. 

We watched as Himuro-san jumped up but then Kagami-kun also jumped along with him. 

As the black haired male pulled his trick, Kagami-kun smacked it away.

It looked like he was floating in the air. Everyone got distracted so I got the ball and ran to the other side of the court. "Kuroko!" Kagami-kun yelled to me.

I looked to the side to see Kagami-kun so I passed the ball to him. 

He then took a 3 pointer which went right into the basket without touching the rim. "Amazing." Everyone went crazy.

When Yosen had the ball, the ball was then passed to Murasakibara-kun as he jumped up to perform Thor's Hammer. 

But Kagami-kun jumped up too and hit the ball away, leaving everyone shocked. 

The strength of Kagami-kun pushed Murasakibara-kun to the floor as he apologised.

When Seirin had the ball again, I passed the ball to Kagami-kun and performed an alley oop. 

When Yosen had the ball and passed it to someone else, I quickly went right in between and stole the ball. 

"A steal!" Izuki-senpai yelled. I then passed it to my light as he ran to the other side of the court.

I watched as he went past Himuro-san by using a trick similar to his and came face to face with Murasakibara. 

He then jumped right inside the free throw circle. It looked like he was walking through air again. 

He then dunked right above Murasakibara-kun. Just then, Yosen took a time out so we all got off the court.

I looked at the scoreboard. It was 64-60 in Yosen's favour. -There is 3 minutes with a 4 point gap. At least the flow of the game is going slowly in our favour.- 

I watch Murasakibara-kun during the timeout. He seems like he has given up. 

He was then punched by Himuro-san. Later, the giant asked for a hair tie from his coach.

When we went back on the court, I approached him. "I was watching you during the timeout. I thought you were going to give up." I said.

He looked down right at me. "I was. I'll just go ahead and crush you guys. I don't like that I'm bothered. But I don't like losing." I looked him in the eye.

"Nice, but I don't like losing too." I said. -I also want to keep my promise to Coach (F/N).- 

When the game started, there was something off about Murasakibara-kun and Himuro-san. Using his eagle eye, Izuki-senpai called out. 

"Hyuga! Kuroko! A screen!" I quickly went back to Himuro-san but he pulled a fake on me.

He then came face to face with Kagami-kun, who was still in the zone, and as they both jumped, Himuro-san passed to Murasakibara-kun and he passed it back and Himuro-san scored the basket. 

When it was our ball, Kagami-kun was our point guard. 

When Yosen blocked him, he passed to Izuki-senpai who then pretended to go for a lay up but passed to Kagami-kun who dunks it.

Point after point, both our teams didn't give up yet and now the score is 72-66 with only 1 minute and 5 seconds left. 

When the ball was passed to Hyuga-senpai it fumbled out of his hands and was heading out when I got the ball back in but it hit Yosen's number 5's hand and bounced out of bounds.

"Thanks, Kuroko." Hyuga-senpai thanked me. "Sure." I nodded. Just then, there was a member substitution for our team. It was Kiyoshi-senpai. 

"Welcome back." I said with a small smile. "Glad to be back." He said.

"KIYOSHI!" The team shouted with glee. When the game continued, Kagami-kun performed another fade-away.

When Himuro-san had the ball, Kagami was his mark. When they both jumped, Izuki-senpai yelled. "IT'S A PASS!" He yelled.

Like he said, Himuro-san passed the ball to Murasakibara-kun. 

He pretended to dunk but passed back to the black haired male. Kiyoshi-senpai was now against Himuro-san.

He was going to perform a faint and Kiyoshi-senpai 'fell' for it. 

Himuro-san was too focused on Kiyoshi-senpai and didn't see Hyuga-senpai running up and getting the ball. 

We all started to run to the other side of the court. Izuki-senpai passes to Kagami-kun who shoots but misses as his zone is done.

Kiyoshi-senpai got the ball and passed to Hyuga-senpai who scored a 3 pointer and made the score 72-70, Yosen with only about 21 seconds left. 

It was almost the end of the 4th and final quarter and almost the end of the game between our high school and Yosen High.

BTW - Sorry I didn't update. School is really biting my ass. I really need to get my shit together. :P