CHAPTER 7 - GAME

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

3rd POV - AUTHOR

Today was the day where Kuroko would be showing off his skills to the world. 

The entire Teiko 1st string were walking through the crowd and onlookers stared at them. 

"Someone better hold me back before I wrap my hands around Haizaki and choke him to death." (F/N) said with malice.

Nijimura quickly patted the young coach's head. "Did someone get in contact with him?" He asked.

"Not yet." The boys shook their heads. "Damn it." The older boy cursed. "Is choking him enough?" (F/N) asked. "Coach (F/N), please don't." The boys begged.

"There are some teams we haven't played yet, they don't look strong." Momoi stated. "Murasakibara, stop eating." The green haired boy said. (F/N) looked back. 

"Still, don't look down on them." She said. "But you know, it doesn't look like there should be any problems for us freshmans. Don't be so tight, Tetsu!" Aomine smiled.

"Eh, did you say something?" Kuroko was confused as he was zoning out.

"I said relax. Get a hold of yourself. You passed the test even with one shot right?" The taller boy smiled.

"I was prepared for it. The 3rd strings had matches but I stayed at the side. Now I got a uniform and am on the bench. T-this is my first t-time in a match." Kuroko started to trail off.

Aomine flinched. "Don't stutter. Wait, seriously!?" The boy asked. "Seriously, don't drag us down." "Really." The boys sighed.

(F/N) hearing their conversation couldn't help but get nervous for Kuroko. 

Just then, Akashi's phone rang. The said boy took it out and gave it to the captain. "It's Haizaki." He said. 

(F/N), hearing the name, was about to grab the phone when Nijimura gave (F/N) to Akashi to hold onto. 

"HAIZAKI! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?" The captain shouted. "Sup. Sorry, I caught a cold." The younger male replied. "WHAT!? A COLD!?"

"A cold, my ass." (F/N) whispered. "Coach..." Akashi started. "No seriously, I've got a high fever and a cough too..." The call ended there. 

"He slept in and was faking being sick. Punish him later, Akashi." Nijimura told the male.

"I understand." He nodded. "I CAN DO IT, CAPTAIN! I'M GONNA KILL HIM!" (F/N) shouted. "Coach, please calm down." Akashi said. "I AM CALM!

They all entered the changing rooms and started to talk. 

"Since Haizaki is not here, there will be a change in starting members. They would be Akashi, Aomine, Midorima, Murasakibara, and Kuroko. That's it." Coach Sanada concluded.

(F/N) saw Kuroko's spirit leave his body and started to pray. "Oh God." She started to pray.

"C-coach, have faith." Once the game started, not even seconds passed and Kuroko landed on his face from nervousness. 

Everyone was shocked. He was subbed out and Coach Sanada took care of the poor boy. 

"We've got no choice, the club is counting on you, Nijimura." The man said. "Of course." And subbed into the court went Nijimura Shuzo.

Since the captain entered the game, the score started to go up rapidly. "Senpai is really amazing." (F/N) smiled.

After the 3rd quarter was over, Coach Sanada looked over at Kuroko. "Has your nosebleed stopped?" He asked. "Yes." Kuroko nodded. "(F/N)-san." He called out. "Of course."