CHAPTER 38 - MAYUZUMI CHIHIRO

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS
WORDS IN BOLD MEANS ENGLISH

POV - (L/N) (F/N)

The 2nd quarter started but there was something I caught on during Rakuzan's break. 

-That's pretty cruel, using the 1st quarter as time to assert the opposing team.

That could break any team's momentum.- I thought to myself.

I watched as Seijuro passed the ball and as Izuki-senpai and Hyuga-senpai tried to go after it.

But then what happened next caught my eyes. Rakuzan's #5 used Misdirection and passed the ball to Mibuchi-senpai who scored a 3. "Oh shit." I muttered.

I stared at Seijuro. -You really are going all out with this, huh?- 

With Mayuzumi-senpai's Misdirection, Rakuzan was able to turn the tables against Seirin.

I studied the light grey haired male. I wouldn't say he was better than Tetsuya but he was also able to pull off basic moves too. -Interesting.-

I looked at Tetsuya to see that he was really analysing Mayuzumi-senpai really hard. 

Seirin had a member sub and when I saw who it was, I left out a little giggle.

Furihata-kun looked like he was going to piss himself but that let's Izuki-senpai to guard Mayuzumi-senpai.

Everyone else was surprised to see Seirin's #12 enter the court as well. 

Furihata-kun was really nervous as when he walked, he tripped over his legs and landed flat on his face. 

I smiled as it reminded me of when Tetsuya was like that during his 1st ever game.

Seijuro was able to pass Furihata-kun but was faced with Kagami. "Ah, I see." I nodded.

They were trying to seal off Mayuzumi-senpai and then sent Taiga against Seijuro where he couldn't get his ankles broken.

-Riko-chan, everyone might now think that you're cold-blooded.- (F/N) shook her head.

Seijuro was able to break past Taiga and tried to score but the redhead was quick and tapped the ball.

But unfortunately, Nebuya-senpai was there to smash the ball into the hoop. 

When Furihata-kun scored it shocked everyone in the crowd, beside me of course.

The said male might look weak but he still has some skills drilled into him by Riko-chan.

As Seijuro scored a 3 pointer after getting Seirin's #12 on the ground, it seems the Rakuzan's coaches were being cautious. 

"Coach Shirogane, you are exactly the same as Coach Kozo, huh?" I asked out loud.

When the timeout was over, it seems like Seirin subbed out Furihata-kun and now Fukuda-kun was now against Seijuro.

As the game continued, I saw that there might be some interesting showdown happening between Hyuga-senpai and Mibuchi-senpai. 

Like it said, it was a showdown between the 2 others.

They kept scoring 3 pointers until Hyuga-senpai started to wear down. 

When Mibuchi-senpai had the ball and jumped, the 4 eyes captain wanted to jump as well but I saw that Mibuchi's form distracted him.

Seirin was able to score again thanks to Taiga but the score was now 44-33 in Rakuzan's favour.

Hyuga-senpai was really pent up so when Mibuchi-senpai pulled a fake on him, he was determined to at least touch the ball but his body bumped right into #6's, earning him a foul and giving Rakuzan a chance to get a free basket after the 3 pointer.

It seems like Hyuga-senpai's frustration fired up Kiyoshi-senpai as he was trying his hardest now against Nebuya-senpai.

The score was now 48-33. It was now 'Iron Wall' versus 'Huercles' which got the crowd excited and I was too.

So far, Kiyoshi-senpai was getting slammed around by Nebuya-senpai but when the former had the ball, he quickly passed it to Fukuda who scored. 

But with everyone so focused on the other players, everyone seemed to forget about Mayuzumi-senpai until he passed the ball to Nebuya-senpai, in a similar manner as Ignite Pass Kai.

The tensions were so high that when Seirin passed the ball of #13, he fumbled with it and the ball went out of bounds.

Riko-chan then subbed in Kawahara-kun since Fukuda-kun was now out of gas. 

I watched as Riko-chan took out her frustration on the chairs. I felt pity as I saw tears pool around her eyes.

She seemed to notice me staring at her and looked right up to me. I sent her a reassuring smile and a nod which got back to her normal self.

Hayama-senpai scored and thank goodness Taiga scored. But after that, Rakuzan was just scoring basket after basket.

Heck, Seijuro scored an alley-oop even though he is only 5'8'' in height making everyone in the stadium have their jaws on the floor.

I saw how Seirin's spirit was on the verge of breaking. The 2nd quarter was now over and both teams were able to take a 10 minute break.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

(F/N) left her bag in her seat as she walked around to stretch her legs and also grab a drink. 

She took out her phone when she heard a buzz coming from it.

It was Taiga who responded to her message she sent when the game was about to start. 

She smiled at the message and wished Taiga and Seirin good luck.

(F/N) looked through her contacts on her phone to find a certain someone. "Moshi moshi?" (F/N) started. She heard the other person answer.

"Is this perhaps Ogiwara-kun? It's me, (L/N) (F/N)..." Once the said female made it back to her seat, she saw both teams starting to go back on the court. 

"Please, baby. For me, fulfill your promise to me, Taiga." She muttered.

Hyuga was able to score a 3 pointer at the start of the 3rd quarter but when Mibuchi had the ball and Hyuga was going to block it, the referee called a foul and now it was his 3rd foul without even touching Mibuchi which pissed Hyuga off.

The said male started to go off on the ref which earned him a technical foul which was now 4 fouls.

Riko made him sit on the bench now. (F/N) frowned. "Is that ref blind or something!?" She yelled.

Kagami was their only chance, their only hope towards making a comeback but that almost was ripped away by Akashi. 

(F/N) watched as both teams walked off the court as Seirin called for a timeout.

The young coach bit her lip in frustration and anxiety.

(F/N) watched from her seat as Kuroko gave his team hope and shocked everyone when he was subbed into the court after being on the bench for most of the game. 

Izuki was able to score and Kagami was able to block Mayuzumi's shot.

Mayuzumi thought that Seirin was underestimating him so he scored 2 baskets in a row.

After a little confrontation between Kuroko and Mayuzumi, Kuroko was able to use his Misdirection again which led to Kagami slamming the basketball into the hoop. 

The score was now 69-48. Seirin was now slowly but surely gaining points.