Chapter 102 (Kailey)

When I wake up, I'm still on the couch, but Landon is gone. Instead, Lucas is sitting with me.

I try to sit up, but can't because of the pain. I don't know why I'm on so much pain, but I am.

When Lucas sees me struggling, he helps me sit up against the arm of the couch, and puts some throw pillows behind me.

"Thanks," I whisper.

"Are you ok?" He asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just needed some sleep," I say. "What time is it?"

"Kailey, you were so exhausted that you've been out for two days. Have you not been sleeping well?"

"No, not really," I admit. "Ever since I got back, I've barely slept."

"Is there a reason?"

"No, not really."

"Do you want me to get you some sleeping pills? It'll help."

"Yeah, sure. Thanks, Lucas."

Are you hungry?" He asks, already standing up and walking to the kitchen.

"Can you order some pizza? I haven't had pizza since before I was kidnapped!"

"Got it! I'll order some Pizza Hut!"

"Thanks!"

Fifteen minutes later when Lucas is done ordering the food, he comes back in and sits next to me. "What do you want to watch?" He asks.

"Can we watch The Vampire Diar-" I get cut off by the sound of gunshots coming from down the hall.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps pounding down the stairs, and Landon and Lily run into the room, while Lucas picks me up.

"We need to go!" Lucas shouts when we hear more gunshots.

Lily runs out of the room and to the front door with Lucas and I behind her, and Landon behind us.

When we get to the door, Lily yanks it open, and stops completely.

Lucas walks forward more so he can see why she stopped, and right there, standing in the doorway, is some of Xavier's guards.

Lucas quickly puts me down and tells me to run, but I don't get far before someone steps in my way.

It's Oliver. I turn back around to run the opposite way, but I see the triplets all being held by guards, hands tied behind their backs. I start to walk towards them, but they all yell at me and tell me to run.

I turn around again, and this time Xavier is standing there with his arms crossed, with JJ next to him.

"J-JJ? What are you doing here? What the hell is going on??" I ask, freaking out.

"I'm here to take you back. I told you, you have to come back with me, but instead you kicked me out. I knew I couldn't just knock on the front door to come in, because all of you hate me, and would never let me in. So I had to use a window, but all of them were locked."

"I then found one that was unlocked, and it led into a bedroom. Jamie was laying on the bed reading, and Logan was walking out of the bathroom."

"What did you do? What the hell did you, do JJ? WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM?!?"

"I may have 'accidentally' shot them," he says with a small smirk.

"No," I whisper. "No. You couldn't have. You didn't. Tell me you're lying! This can't be happening!" Tears are now running down my face as I freak out.

I look over at the triplets and see Lucas looks pissed, Landon looks like he's about to kill someone, and Lily looks terrified and looks as if she's about to cry.

"You fucker!" Lucas yells out.

"I'm going to fucking kill you!" Landon yells.

"Shut up," Xavier growls at them.

"Don't worry. They're not dead," JJ says, rolling his eyes. "All I did was shoot their shoulders and then sedate them. They'll be fine."

"Why are you doing this?!" I whisper yell at him. "What the hell did I ever do to you?"

"You didn't do anything. But I need you to come back with me."

"Why? Why do I need to go back with you? Why is it so important that I go back?"

"Because everybody is looking for you, and they all want to kill you, Kailey!"

"So does your brother! But you don't seem to care about that!"

"He's not going to kill you."

"Sure, JJ. Sure," I say as I roll my eyes.

"Kailey, if you don't come back with me right now, I will kill Jamie. And then Logan, and then the triplets. One by one, they will all die. You don't want anyone to get hurt now, do you?"

"No."

"Then I suggest you stop yelling at me, and just come with me," he holds his hand out to me, but I don't take it.

"I can't leave them. They're the only family I have left!"

"I can take them back with me, and keep them safe."

"As if we would go anywhere with you!" Lily shouts, fighting against the guard holding her.

"You don't really have a choice unless you want to get killed. Everybody who saw the news, now knows about you, and knows that you're in someway close to Kailey. That's why she has to come back with me. They will all come for her, and they will kill her. I can protect her more than any one you can."

"Do you promise they wont get hurt? Do you promise they'll be safe?" I ask while looking back towards him.

"I promise. I'll even have extra security inside and outside of the building," Xavier is the one who speaks this time.

I look back at the triplets. I look between them, to Xavier, to JJ. I do  this a few times before finally saying something to them.

"Can you guys please do this? I can't lose you. I've already lost too many people, I can't lose you too. Please," I beg them.

The three of them look at each other for a moment before slowly nodding. They all look at me again and Landon says, "Fine. We'll do it. As long as you promise that nothing will happen to Kailey. Kailey stays safe, and nobody and nothing hurts her. If you can promise me that, then we will agree."

JJ nods his head. "I can do that. I promise that not harm or pain will come to Kailey. She will be safe."

"I swear if you hurt her again, you won't live to see another day," Lily growls at him.

"Oh, and what are you going to do about it, Princess?" JJ mocks her.

Oh shit. This isn't good. Lily is now pissed. Nobody pisses her off. If you piss her off, you better say your prayers.

I look at Landon and Lucas, and they both look as worried as I feel.

"Oh, I know you did not just say that to me," she starts fighting against her guard.

"Lily, please calm down," Landon says, speaking gently but cautiously.

"No. He needs to learn his damn place. Do you think that just because I'm a woman means I can't do something?"

"I never said that, Princess. I know women can do a lot. Especially one in particular," he says while glancing at me before looking back at her.

"Then what the hell did you mean by that statement? Because it sure sounds to me like you were underestimating the things I can do. The things that women can do. I suggest you don't do that again if you wish to keep your life!" She yells at him, and he looks shocked.

"Whatever you say," he rolls his eyes at her before she, Landon, and Lucas all go limp in their guards arms.

I look over to see empty syringes on the floor. I then look back to JJ, only to see that he's not standing there anymore.

Seconds later, I feel his warm breath against my neck as he whispers, "goodnight, Angel. I'll see you in the morning," before sticking a needle in my neck, and picking me up as my body goes limp, and my eyes slowly shut.