Chapter Fifty-three (Luna's perspective)

"Mom!" I call out as I run downstairs. I go into the living room where my mom is watching the news. "Has there been any more updates? Has anyone found anything yet?" I ask her.

"No, nothing, Honey. They still haven't updated anything. I'm sorry," she says while standing up and walking towards me to hug me.

After breaking the hug, I run back upstairs to my room, slamming the door shut behind me. J sit on my bed and grab a picture of my best friend and I off my nightstand and hug it while starting to cry.

My best friend, Kailey, has been missing for three weeks now. She disappeared the day she ran out of my house crying. Nobody knows for sure where she's at or what happened to her, we can only guess. Molly, her grandmother, didn't think so, but I think Alex and his men somehow found her again.

They've been running and we've all been moving from house to house for five years trying to make sure he never found Kailey, but he still always managed to find her, no matter where we moved. I just have s strong feeling that he found her again, and he's the one who has her.

The last time he kidnapped her, he had her for almost two years before she managed to escape. I hope she's not gone for that long this time.

       When she first disappeared, Molly was going crazy because Kailey is the only family she has left. Last week she had a heart attack and had to go to the hospital. She was announced as DOA.

I just know that will be really hard on Kailey, especially since Molly was the last person she had. I just hope that Molly is up there, watching over and protecting Kailey. I don't know where she's at or what happened to her, but I hope she's ok, and I hope she comes home soon.

"Luna! Luna, get down here now. You need to see this! They found something!" My mom calls, and as soon as she says this, I jump off my bed and run downstairs to the living room.

"What is it mo-" I stop talking when I hear the news reporter say Kailey's name.

"Early yesterday morning, we got reports of two vehicles ramming into a white van. It is said that those two vehicles caused the van to drive off road, resulting in the van flipping over. When police got to the scene and started investigating, the found some fresh blood and took a DNA test."

       "The blood happens to belong to Kailey Lynn Johnson, the teenage girl who has been missing for three weeks now. It is unknown where she is now, but it is clear she is with someone else. The other three men who were in the van are-"

I zone out after hearing that she's gone again. They finally found something, and she's gone! I can't do this! It's terrible not knowing where my best friend is, who she's with, or what's happening to her. I can't handle thi- next thing I know; darkness is all I see.