Chapter Ninety-one (Luna)

⚠️TW: there will be suîcîde in this chapter. You DO NOT have to read this chapter if you are not comfortable with it. It is only talking about Luna missing Kailey. I will put another TW when that scene begins. Again: you DO NOT have to read this chapter⚠️

It's been over a month since I've last seen my best friend. I haven't gone to school in the last month.

Mrs. Carter called me yesterday to check on me and ask how I'm feeling.

After talking on the phone with her for an hour, and asking her what I've missed and what I need to make up, she told me not to worry about it and to take as much time to myself as I need. After we had said our goodbyes, I had started crying again, and fallen asleep while doing so.

It's now one in the afternoon, and I'm about to get up to shower when my phone starts ringing. I look at the caller ID, but it's an unknown number. I decide to answer anyway because it might be Kailey! She must've gotten a hold of a phone somehow, and is calling me to tell me where she is and that she's ok!

"Hello? Kailey?!" I say in an excited voice, but am very disappointed when it isn't her.

I should've known it was too good to be true.

"I- no. This isn't Kailey," says a familiar voice.

"Who is thi-" I pause when I realize who it is.

Why is she calling me? And how did she get my number?

"Alissa?"

"Yeah, hi."

"Wait, why are you calling me? And how did you even get my number?"

"Well, I wanted to call and see if you were okay. You haven't been at school for the last month, and I've been worried. You've never missed school before," she says. Is she really that dumb?

"Seriously, Alissa? Are you seriously asking me if I'm okay? No, I'm not ok! My best friend has been missing and kidnapped for the last month! I don't know where she's at and I don't even know if she's ok! So, excuse me if I haven't been at school. Hold on, let me just stop missing my best friend so I can go to school and act like everything's ok," I yell.

"Oops, mission failed. Now block my number and don't call me again!" I hang up before she can even respond, and I throw my phone on the bed next to me.

I get up off my bed and head to the bathroom to go shower. Once I'm in the shower, I immediately sink to the floor and start crying. I knew that phone call wasn't going to be Kailey, but I still had a little bit of hope that maybe it was.

After almost two hours in the shower, I finally get out, go get dressed, and do something I haven't done in over a month: I left my room.

I walk into the living room and see my mom cuddled up on the couch reading with Honey, our golden retriever puppy, sleeping on her lap.

"Hi, mom," I say as I walk over to the couch.

She looks up from her book and when we make eye contact, she freezes and looks shocked. "O-oh, Luna. Hi."

Right after she finishes saying 'hi,' my big sister, Lily, pokes her head around the corner.

"Did you just say 'Luna?'"

"Yes, I did," my mom replies.

Right after Lily walks into the room, my brother Lucas walks into the room. "Luna?"

Walking in right after him is the youngest, Landon. "Why are we talking about Luna?"

And following right behind him is my father, Logan. "What is going on in here? Why does everyone keep saying 'Luna?'"