Chapter Forty-three

I must've fallen asleep after Leo left because there's now three different men in the room with me yelling at each other. One of the men grabs a rag and a bottle and I immediately realize they're about to use chloroform. I struggles against the cuffs and ropes even though I know I can't get out. One of the guys sees that I'm awake and tells the one with the rag to hurry up.

He pours the drug onto the rag and then runs over to me while putting it over my nose and mouth.
       "Shh. Just go to sleep," is the last thing hear before I'm out.

*an hour later*

When I wake up, I'm in the van again with my hands and feet tied up. I look around me and see one of the men who was in the room is in the back with me and the other two are up front. The man in the back with me sees that I'm awake and says, "Welcome back from the dead, Sweetheart!"

"W-why are we back in a van? Where are we going?"

"Well, we have to move to another location because they found us and started raiding the place," he says while frowning.

"Who?" I ask. The only people I could think of is Alex and his men. I really hope it's not them because I don't know what would happen if I went back there and I really don't want to find out either.

"The Spades," the driver is talking now.

"But they're a major mafia. What do they even want?"

"You," the man in the back with me says while staring right at me.

"M-me? But why?"

"It doesn't really matter why. They're not getting you so it doesn't mat-"

The guy driving is cut off when someone runs into the back of the van and jolts it. He looks in the mirror and once he sees whoever it is that hit us, he starts cursing under his breath while speeding up.

"What is it, Ron?" The guy in the back with me is now leaning upfront.

"It's them!" He says while driving off road.

"Shit. You need to speed up!"

"I'm trying!"

The person behind us hit us again and caused us to drive over a big rock. The van flips and lands upside down causing me to hit my head against something. I can feel blood running down the side of my head as I start to get dizzy. The van starts spinning as someone opens the back doors.

       A moment later, darkness consumes me.