CH.53. PROMISES

" YOU DARE TO CROSS ME, GANDHARIPUTRI?" Jarasandh growled, his eyes set onto Dusshala, standing above the pit in which he and his generals had fallen down.

"I didn't cross you Magadhraj!!" Dusshala said, feigning innocence, "I was literally going on a horse ride to Dwarka but I got lost!"

"Dwarka?" The general lifted his eyebrow as Jarasandh too looked at him with doubt, "why were you going to Dwarka?"

"Didn't you know!? Bhrata Krishna has returned!!! My Jyesth said he had some stuff to take care of, but I just couldn't wait-... Oh no, sorry Magadhraj... I didn't mean to offend you. I am so stupid... I should have known not to talk about Vasudev in front of you... especially when you have fallen into such a deep pit in the middle of the forest" Dusshala started crying, as Dhristhdyumn stifled his laughter from behind the bushes.

"I don't understand...." Hridasura whispered to Dhristhdyumn, "why is she sad when she herself ordered to dig up a hole?"

"Oh Mahadev have mercy,  you're so naive" Dhristhdyumn whispered back, "she's ACTING"

"Oh... It just looks so real" Hridasura huffed and looked at Dusshala who kept ranting apologies to the fallen men.

Just a few hours ago Dhristhdyumn and Dusshala had reached the path which Jarasandh's army was going to take to Hastinapur. And it was all thanks to Hridasura as only because of him, the duo could reach the place before Jarasandha.

He had picked the two and flew over the forests to reach and implement their plans to delay Jarasandh's attack and even called upon his own clan members, as they dug through the earth, creating a big pit, almost the size of a pond, and hid it via their own magic.  From outside the pit no one could even recognise it's presence, but sadly, before Dusshala could run and hide, Jarasandha's army had seen her. And as they charged at her, with every intension of hurting her, they instead fell prey to their plan.

"HELP US OUT!" Jarasandh screamed as Dusshala looked around, acting confused.

"But how can a weak woman like me help a big man like you? Should I go and ask for help from the tribes?"

"NO!" Jarasandh remembered that he didn't quite have any good memories with tribes or forest dwellers. He also couldn't call his step mother Jara, who was grieving for her son, and was thus trapped until help came to them.

He quietly ordered his general to send a letter back to his kingdom via their pigeon that they luckily had with them, and to ask for help as soon as possible.

"Can I leave now Magadhraj? I am scared of the dark" Dusshala fluttered her eyelids, hoping that Jarasandha could catch her expressions in order to annoy him out of his wits.

 After getting over her antics, she was just about to congratulate herself, along with the other two for the completion of their plans, when she heard a galloping horse approaching them.

"Who-" Dusshala turned as the trio's eyes widened at Karna's appearance. And before they could signal him to stay away from the pit which still had its magical cover on, he fell into the trap.

" ANGRAJ!!!!!" Dusshala screamed and walked over to the pit reflexly, but got pulled back by Dhristhdyumn.

" Watch out Rajkumari!"

" WE NEED TO HELP HIM!!"

" I will go..." Dhristhdyumn started to approach the pit.

" DON'T! YOU'LL GET STUCK!!! JARASANDH'S ARMY IS DANGEROUS"

" So are we" Dhristhdyumn smirked, " and you in the meantime come up with a plan"

" WHAT!? WHAT IN THE NAME OF HEAVENS AM I SUPPOSED TO-"

WEAPON OF GOD :: MahabharatOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara