CH.6. DEMON'S LAIR

" We are well into Demon's lair Bhrata Arjun..." Sahadev said as he looked around the place. There were far more trees which let very little sunlight inside.

" Already scared? (Tum aur kya hi bachaoge Devika ko? Tumhare jagah pe Nakul ko aana chahiye tha. Apne sundarta se kuch rakhshasho ko moh jaal mein toh phek deta) How will you save Devika then? Instead Nakul should have come. So many demons would have fallen for him making it easier for us to escape"

" Bhrata Bheem!!-" Sahadev raised his voice to protest just to get shushed by Arjun.

" We're here" He said, pointing at a cave.

" Now what should we do? If we enter, a fight is inevitable" Sahadev said. " And if we fight, its obvious that the news will travel somehow to Hastinapur"

" Haha.." Bheem laughed with a beaming smile. " I believe I got married to a demon and had a demon child just for this purpose!"

" What are you saying?" Arjun asked

" I will call my son here. He's a demon, that too king of his own tribe. The demons thus cannot attack him as it will surely lead to a war. And even though we think demons are savages, there's actually a lot at play. Most demons have come to know about me, so if someone now messes with Hidimba's tribe, they mess with me, and ultimately mess with humans, something that demons don't want. So we can just use Ghatotkach to lead us into the cave. Rest we will plan after assessing what is going on in there"

" Bhrata.... when did you become so wise?" Arjun mocked Bheem's sudden intelligence.

" I know right? Till now I thought Bhrata Bheem could only make intricate plans for securing food" Sahadev laughed.

" Yes, I actually even have a plan for food too. That is to crush both of your heads and eat your small bodies" Bheem threatened that shut the two younger Pandavas quickly.

Soon Ghatotkach came flying and dropped down to bow to his father and uncles.

" Pranaam Pitashree" He said, touching Bheem's feet.

" Ayushman Bhava" Bheem said, as he picked him up and hugged him tightly.

" Bhrata aaram se/ take it easy" Arjun said as he was concerned about Ghatotkach breaking any bones.

" Don't worry anuj , he is my son afterall, and not as fragile as you two" He said after putting down Ghatotkach from his embrace.

" Pranaam Kakashree Arjun, Kakashree Sahadev" He bowed down to both arjun and Sahadev who then also blessed him.

" What made you call me here today?"

" We need to enter this cave. The demons inside have abducted a friend....wait what is she to us?" Bheem trailled off which made Nakul and Arjun sigh.

" Just say she's our sister"

" Sister? well whatever. So they abducted our sister Devika"

" Ah I see. Do you want me to bring her back?"

" No no. Don't do anything that can cause enemity between the tribes. Just take us inside. Tell the demons you just wanted to visit or something, and that we are your relatives"

" But you ARE my relatives"

"Yes, I mean just take us inside and sit in silence. We will devise a plan after assessing the situation"

"okay" Ghatotkach led the group into the cave and to the Pandavas' surprise no one stopped them.

" Don't demons believe in guards?" Sahadev asked.

WEAPON OF GOD :: Mahabharatजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें