CH.7. LEADER OF A TRIBE?

"Is that all you've got!?" Evi growled as she killed off another demon with her bare hands. She threw the body in one of the heaps outside the border of the arena and called upon the next contestant.

" Why won't they stop trying? Cannot they see, I am stronger than each of them. For them to subdue me, they would have to atleast attack together" Evi grunted. Frustration was building up in her mind because of the hypnosis. She couldn't stop herself from killing each and every demon that came into the arena.

A frail demon came onto the arena which made her a bit disappointed.

" Why?" was all she could ask the demon before she swiftly tore apart his head from his body.

" Now LISTEN UP!" She spoke up making the crowd go silent. " I know you all are demons but I hope you have still got some common sense. I am VISIBLY the strongest entity in this arena. No matter who comes on to fight me, is going to lose. SO PLEASE, if you are not 100% sure that you can beat me, refrain from entering this arena" She wanted to stop killing the demons. The moment they entered the arena, she would get boundlessly angry. She knew it was some kind of trick, but leaving the tribe was also difficult and she couldn't figure out the exits.

Chatters erupted among the demons as they started comparing their views. For a good few moments no one came forward just when the king jumped off from his throne and onto the arena.

" I will be your last suitor human woman" Karindrasura spoke as he took off his crown.

" Fine by me" Evi stretched out her arms and legs in anticipation of what was coming. She knew it was the king, and hoped that killing him would stop the hynotic effect."Let's get this over with"

----

" We need to tell Devika that he is immortal" Arjun said while biting his nails in worry.

" Pitashree" Ghatotkach moved Bheem's attention from the arena. " He doesn't have a life force"

" What?" Bheem whispered loudly, gathering the attention of both Sahadev and Arjun.

" He is not alive Pitashree"

"You don't say..." The three Pandavas understood what it meant. Someone was using the King's body to rule the tribe. And that's why he is immortal, because you cannot kill the dead.

" Look over there!" Sahadev exclaimed in a hushed tone and pointed discreetly to a demon on the other side of the arena. "Everyone is cheering, except him. He is so focused on the fight, as if he is the one fighting"

" He is the puppet master" Arjun said while the rest agreed.

" Yes. I sense him doing some magic directed towards the king's body' Sahadev said " who is he though? Such tricks are humane behaviour"

" He is the youngest son, Hridasura" A woman emerged from the back.

The three pandavas braced themselves for an attack but saw a human woman approaching them.

" I am the youngest wife of Karindrasura, Mahima" She said while observing the three very shocked faces. "Pranaam"

" Pr-pranaam Devi" The four of them bowed to show their respects.

" Hridasura, is my only son. Yes, he is half asur, half human. He had killed his father with measly tricks a year before, but he knew if his father died, his oldest half brother will take the throne, and we will be his first targets. So he hid behind his father's dead body, and ruled this tribe" The woman said in a solemn tone.

The Pandavas were confused. Whether the woman was sad about her husband's death or her own fate in the hands of these demons.

" Why are you telling us this?"