CH.14. PANCHAL

Evi stood in front of the chariot, fidgeting. Krishna was still discussing something with Duryodhan, but she knew that soon she would have to face him. 

"Who cares. I hit him, he hit me, now we're even right?" She wondered while clutching on to a white flower she picked up on her way to give to him, as a peace offering.

" Let's go" Krishna popped up behind her and mounted the chariot.

"....uh.. ok" Evi awkwardly got up to the backseat and tried to make herself comfortable.

" Don't you have something to give to me?" Krishna said as a smile played on his lips. " I have something to give you too"

Evi looked up and instantly held out the flower in front of him. It was embarrassing for her, but she felt obligated to do something. As Krishna took the flower and tucked it behind his ears, he pulled out a pouch and handed it to Evi.

" How do I look?" Krishna asked as he framed his face with his hands, highlighting the new accessory.

" Better than before" Evi replied. " But what's this?" She shook the pouch slightly as a jiggling sound came from it. " Is it money?"

" Yes" Krishna started the journey as Duryodhan led the crew. " As we reach Panchal, buy clothes and accessories according to your liking. I believe the amount of money I have given will be enough"

Evi sighed as she looked at the number of gold coins filling the pouch. " Playing sugar daddy are you now?"

" I would rather term it as a Glucose Parent" Krishna rectified making them both snort. " And I am sorry for hitting you"

" Ah its fine" Evi said while juggling the pouch. " I deserved it anyway. Made my head feel a bit lighter" she chuckled. ' Now I know you're more human that you show"

Krishna listened to her closely before turning his attention to the road. His tight lipped smile didn't go completely unnoticed by Evi, but she didn't mind it. "Maybe calling a god a human is insulting" she wondered while laying down onto the chariot's seat.

It took half a day to reach the gates of Panchal, making Evi too lazy and tired to stay awake the whole time. As the guardsmen let the chariots and Duryodhan's crew inside, Dussashan shook her awake in hurry.

" WAKE UP YOU SLEEPY HEAD"

Evi jolted up from her sleep to see Dussashan and Karna waiting for her to get out of the chariot. She looked around and realised that they have at last reached Panchal. 

" WOAH~" Evi exclaimed as she saw the huge crowd covering every corner of the city. It had been decades since she saw so many people at one place, who were not trying to kill each other. 

" Close your mouth" Dussashan groaned as he waited for his older brother to get over with all the formalities.

" You know Prince, I am atleast 10 years older than you and your brother" Evi shot a glare at the younger Kaurava who looked at her, confused. 

" What?" 

" I am too old for you to talk to me like that" Evi held her head high as she waited for Dussashan's answer just when he burst out laughing.

" You... You really think THAT'S what's going to scare me?" Dussashan buckled down while laughing as Duryodhan joined them.

" What's going on?" he asked as Karna narrated the whole exchange.

" Pfft- Mitra is 18 years older than me, but I still call him by his name" Duryodhan joined Dussashan in mocking Evi just when he remembered something. " By the way, what should we call you?"