CH.63. JUSTICE

The sky was pale yellow, even though it was the season of Baisakhi. The breeze was already getting stuffy, as Ren's body almost completely turned into cold metal.

" I don't know if its a good time to ask" Arjun questioned, sitting in the place of a charioteer, with Karna behind him, " I think your body has changed in these few weeks Ren"

" I am dying, that's why" Ren replied, unfazed, " Today's probably the last day you see me"

" Haha... yea right" Arjun and Karna laughed, but seeing Ren's expression, they both stopped. "Wait, what?"

" I haven't told anyone anything yet" Ren resumed, " but my plan has another step"

" What is it?" the duo looked at the 'images' of soldiers that Ren had created, in order to lure in Jarasandha's army. According to plan, Ren would first attach the transportation devices onto the soldiers via Karna's 'invisible' arrows, and then mass transport the primary army to a distant place, where he had already set up a confinement. Later, he would do the same with the soldiers and healers back in the enemy camp, but Ren had purposefully, left a crucial step hidden from the Kurus themselves.

" As the war starts," Ren said, looking at the approaching army of Jarasandha, " I will introduce a barrier after the mass transportation. No royal or official who consented to the war would be allowed to leave the barrier, until all the battles are over"

" WHAT!?" Arjun and Karna gasped, attracting attention from Drona and Ashwatthama who flanked the duo on each side. They hushed their tones and asked, " what are you talking about?"

" I am dying, Arjun... I cannot do the mass transportation more that once. If like all the wars, you all stop fighting after the sun sets, the war will prolong for days, and I won't be able to help anymore. I only have a few days left to my life.... so please try to end all of this quickly" Ren signalled Karna to go forward with the plan, as he dashed off to create the shield around the warriors.

" He's joking right?" Karna said, baffled at the sudden information, " he's not dying is he?"

" His hands..." Arjun breathed out, " I remember seeing his shoulders made of skin and muscles.... but now, even that is made out of metal. Something is going on with his body... maybe Nakul and Sahadev can help"

" He should have asked for help before..... the situation shouldn't be left untreated" Karna sighed.

" Maybe it cannot be treated" Arjun sighed too, looking forward to the army approaching them. The reins of the chariot tightened in his fist, as he felt adrenaline rush through him. Karna noticed Arjun's shoulders tense, and patted his back, " Everything will work out" he whispered, as the war started, even before the conch shells were blown.

.
.
.
.
.

Duryodhan, Bheem and Shikhandini were the forefront of the three groups, or rather teams, that stood against Jarasandha. Duryodhan leading the warriors of Hastinapur, Dronacharya, Kripacharya, Karna and Arjuna, Bheem leading the Pandavas and allied forces, whereas Shikhandini leading Ashwatthama and her own batallion. 

The three groups had their own responsibilities, but they were informed of one important fact, that no matter how bloodied Jarasandh is left, no one should let him die.