Chapter 95

Alana Evans Story

Alana was at sound check and going through one of her songs on the stage when Tony landed not too far off

She ignored him and finished with her singing and dance routine.

"Hey." She approached Tony once was done. He had found his way to the pit and had pulled up a chair. She took a picture of him in his suit with the brown bag in his lap.

"Those hips don't lie, eh?" He smirked at her, commenting on her dancing, but then held up the bag. "I brought lunch. Cheeseburgers."

"Of course you did. Thanks." She grabbed the bag and sat on the ground between his legs. "Are you staying for long?"

"Just till you're done with lunch. I promised Petter to go see the kangaroos, so him and I will be doing that before coming back here.  Bruce and the boys are on their way though."

"Okay. Bye then." She got up, dusted herself and took a step to walk away but he held her hand and stopped her, also standing up.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, just then you seemed a bit distant. I just wanted to make sure. I can stay if you want? Peter and I can go on another day."

"No it's okay. Don't ruin your day because of me. Go have fun. I'm okay." She went to pull her hand away and turn to walk to the stage but he pulled her back. He had a pained look on his face.

"Alana. You're the best part of my day, how could you ruin it? Please don't think that. It hurts. Okay? You are the best part of my day." He retracted his suit and pulled her in for a hug, holding her tight.

"Tony..."

"I'm being serious, okay?" He pulled back and looked her in the eyes, placing a hand on her cheek. "I'm sorry you thought otherwise and I hadn't made that clear to you before, but I'll change that. You could never ruin any part of my day Ophelia."

"Yeah, okay." She said into his chest, taking a deep breath and then pulling back from the hug. "Have fun with Peter okay? And make sure none of you get burned from the sun. You're both whiter than snow."

He sniggered and playfully pushed her away.

"I'll have you know, I'm white, but definitely not that white."

"Right, but Peter is so take care of him." She smiled and his felt warm and fuzzy and it definitely wasn't because the sun was beating down on them.

"Yes ma'am." He gave her forehead a quick kiss, before the suit appeared again and he took off.

Alana took her food backstage, found a box in a corner where nobody looked and sat on top of it to eat. 

Tears slipped down her face as it became harder to swallow but she forced herself to eat.

Was she really worthy of being with Tony?

That question has been running in her head ever since she posted on her story.

What's stopping him with running off with another girl? Nothing.

And that thought terrified her. Before knowing Tony was Edward, he was a very important part of her life. Someone she didn't go a day without texting. They had a really strong bond and she developed a slight crush on him, even without knowing who he was. But then knowing the kind, arrogant, Tony Stark was her Edward made her fall for him even harder than before. Her person, was physically there now. She can hug him, throw pillows at him, cook with him, drive over to his place and hold him tightly when he's said he had a nightmare and couldn't sleep. She could see him do his magic in his workshop and joke around with the avengers, she could help him clean a small cut after a mission and just spend time with him. So when he made the first move and kissed her in the car, she was over the moon. When he asked her out on a date she felt like she could actually fly from how happy he was.

But then her manager happened and pulled a stunt like that. She thought her and Tony could work around it. They could still be together in private but not in public. Chase couldn't care less what she was doing and with who as long as they properly got the PR stunt out of the way without any hiccups. She genuinely thought that since they both liked each other so much, they could figure something out. But they didn't. Or, he didn't. He didn't even try.

He started dating Rome right away and that hurt her, really bad. Because him and Rome were dating for real, they were kissing, they were cuddling, and it felt like her heart was torn into pieces. She tried being mad at him, she did, but she couldn't. She liked him too much. She was so heartbroken that it felt like she was dying on some days from the pain she was feeling. She had nightmares of their good memories on some days, sleepless nights on others from all the tossing and turning and on others, she had no energy to pull herself out of bed.

She know understand why he did what he did, but she's scared of it happening again. She wouldn't be able to handle it a second time. And now, she's more scared than ever with the album coming out. What if he doesn't want her for real after listening to how bad she was hurt? What if she becomes a thing that ruins a part of his day? A thing he feels sorry for and awkward around?

She spat the last bite of the cheeseburger back in the wrapper because she couldn't physically swallow it. Her throat was too tight with her crying that it was becoming too hard to swallow.

She wiped her tears away and tried taking deep breaths, but then she felt the food come up from the way it came down and quickly opened the paper bag to throw up inside.

"Alana! Lunch break over in 5!" She heard someone shout, looking for her.

She threw the bag and everything else in a bin nearby, washed her face in the restroom and walked back on stage to finish with rehearsals. She got this.

She'll just do it one day at a time.

*

A/N

okay, I've actually come up with two names for the album and will need your guys's opinion 

1) I Wonder

2) No Tears Left To Cry

I'm personally leaning more towards I Wonder and will probably be going with that though.

I'll probably share with you guys the songs on the album in the next chapter or the one after!!!