Liam injured at school

Start from the beginning

We go into the hospital and go up to the receptionist "Hello my son got brought here from school after he fell down the stairs." The receptionist asks "What's your son's name?" I respond "Liam Payne" the receptionist nods and types something on the computer and says "He is in surgery right now. I can get his doctor to come and talk to you if you want?" I nod and say "That would be great thanks." The receptionist nods and says "Have a seat and his doctor will be out shortly" we both nod and sit down in the waiting room.

After about ten minutes of waiting a doctor walks over to us and asks "Are you the parents of Liam Payne?" We nod and the doctor says "Right, I'm Doctor Smith. I'm going to be Liam's main doctor whilst he is here. Shall we get on with Liam's injuries?" We both nod and doctor Smith continues "Liam has got a minor concussion, he has shattered his right arm, fractured his left knee both of which he is in surgery for. We had to stitch up the cut on the back of his head. He also has 2 cracked rib which will heal on its own." I nod and ask "When will he be out of surgery?" The doctor responds "Probably about half an hour. Once he is out of surgery we will call you" I nod and the doctor goes back to work. I say to Geoff "Our poor baby boy." Geoff hugs me and says "He will be fine Karen." I nod and say "I know he will Geoff"

Half an hour later still Karen's pov

Liam's name has just been called. We go over to the doctor and the doctor says "Follow me and I will take you to Liam's room" we both nod and get taken to Liam's room. We walk in and see Liam fast asleep on the bed with his right arm bandaged up a bandage on his head. I sit in the chair next to his bed and gently take his hand and say "Oh you poor thing." The doctor says "He should wake up in the next 20 minutes or so. When he wakes up buzz so we can come and check him over" we both nod and the doctor leaves the room.

I say to Geoff "He looks so small in the hospital bed" Geoff nods and says "He does doesn't he" 20 minutes later Liam starts groaning. I gently rub his knuckles "Li open your eye for me darling" Liam groans again and opens his eyes. He whimpers out "Mum. Where are you?" I say "I'm next to you darling. How do you feel?" Liam turns his head towards me and says "I hurt." I nod and press the buzzer.

A couple of minutes later Doctor Smith walks through the door and says "Hello Liam. Glad you are awake. How are you feeling?" Liam shrugs and says "I hurt." Doctor Smith nods and says "I will put some pain medicine in your IV drip" I nod and the doctor puts the medicine in the IV. Then the doctor checks Liam's vitals. The doctor asks "Have you been told what your injuries are?" Liam shakes his head and the doctor nods and says "Your right arm was shattered, you have broken your left knee, you have cracked 2 ribs, you have got a mild concussion and we had to stitch up the cut on the back of your head." Liam nods and asks "How am I meant to go to school?" The doctor says "You will be released in a wheelchair. I don't recommend going to school straight away because it will be awkward going places in your wheelchair" Liam nods and looks away. He is going to hate this. He hates relying on people. The doctor asks "Is he alright?" I respond "He is very independent. He is going to hate having to rely on people" the doctor nods and says "I better go and check on the other patients. Buzz if you need anything." Both Geoff and I nod.

I say to Liam "Li would you like a cuddle." Liam shakes his head. I hear him sniffle and gently rub his back. He looks over at me and I see the tears falling down his face. I say "Oh Li come here." Liam buries his face in my shoulder and sobs. I rub his back. I get on his bed and gently rub his back. He says "I'm doing my GCSEs this year. I need to go to school" I continue to rub his back. Liam soon calms down and stays cuddled into me and eventually falls back asleep

A few hours later Liam is back awake. I get a text from Louis mum saying 'How's Liam feeling? Louis is worried about him.' I respond 'He's alright. I'm sure if Louis wants Liam will be up for having visitors. Liam is quite miserable at the moment and hopefully that will cheer him up.' Jay messages back saying 'Yeah. I'll ask him but I'm sure Louis would love to visit Liam.'