Chapter forty-one

~Maybe that's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano~

Alejandro Rosario P.O.V
.........................................
.........................................

I knew something was up. I'm not stupid and can't easily be fooled. There's something going on and mother was surely involved in whatsoever this was. Lysha is surely the victim in all that's fore-passing.

I was left fearing for the worst. Worried for the woman i call mine. She didn't give anything out. She stayed quiet anx acted unaffected even though I saw right through her. She was hiding something from me. Something that would probably change everything.

As soon as we got in the party, Alessandro and Yanna walked over to us. Yanna caught Lyshas' attention and they started talking amongst themselves. I looked to my brother who was just as stiff and worried as me. " How is she doing?" He voiced out his worries,  gesturing to Lysha.

My shoulders shrugged, and i sighed. "Honestly speaking, I do not know. Somethings off though, she's been acting different."

"Does this have to do with mom?"

"Perhaps. Perhaps not." I thought for a while. "She might just be traumatized a little. Mother told me she was shaken up when she rescued her. I don't know what to believe." Alessandro frowned, his wine glass rising to his lips.

I'm pretty sure he was thinking just what I was thinking. "You sure you can trust mom? We all know she doesn't agree with your relationship with her."

"I do not trust her." Was all i said. "...but she gave me nothing to suspect her on."

"Either way, let's enjoy today. It's your day, fratello." Alessandro pats my shoulder, grinning at me with a twinkle in his eye's. "Happy birthday by the way."

"Thanks, Alessio. Means a lot." He nods, gesturing to rhe bar. "Lets go grab sometimes for you before people start bombarding you with birthday wishes."

"Please." I chuckled, heading to the bar with Alessandro. We watched the women from a distance. Keeping our eyes sorely on them as they chitchat with most of the other women in here.

A smile came over my face seeing how relaxed and calm Lysha is with everyone. She looked like an absolute natural beauty without even trying. She glowed most amongst the women that dressed to impress tonight.

"Hows Yanna?" I asked, referring to his woman. "She good now?" He nods, chuckling softly. I turned to raise a brow at his sudden amusement.

"The girk gets feisty each day. Drives me insane." He tsked, shaking his head. "I can't help falling in love with her every day. She's truly a gem, I'd say." I grinned, shaking my head at his little speech. My little brother is in love, honestly I knew tgis was coming.

"You're in love. It's natural." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "I'm just happy she makes you happy." If Alessandro is happy then so am I. Yanna is good for him, not like tge whores he used to fuck around with.

Alessandro was quiet, before he spoke again. "What's going on at your side though?"

"Told her I'm in love with her."

"You confessed?!" He exclaimed with wide eyes, ans when I nodded he grinned. "That's cool man. How did she take it." My shoulders tensed, and i sighed.