Chapter twenty-seven

Alejandro Rosario Tijeras ( P.O.V )

.......................................................

"I heard you're forcing her to stay." Damien walked in my office as though he owned the damn place. "What's fucking wrong with you man? Have you finally lost your shit!"

My mood immediately got worse, I dropped the pen between my fingers and snapped my eyes on him. He was dressed in his usual attire, black hoodie with black pants. His golden chain around his neck, a skull tattoo peeking out.

Damien had his locs in a bun, a snarl on his face as he waits on my reply. "She misunderstood things."

"No, you fucking mess things up all the damn time!" He moved forward, slamming his hands on my fucking table. I stare at him with a blank face. "Can't you see she's fucking hurt!"

"I'm not fucking blind, Damien."

"You might as well have been, fucker!" I groaned in annoyance. Rubbing my eyes. "She doesn't deserve what you're doing to her!"

"I told you, it's complicated!"

"You fucked Stephanie!" Damien growls out, his chest rising. "Right after making her feel like she's important to you!"

Abruptly standing up, my chair swings backwards. "...but you know why I did that!"

"Do I?" He stood up straight, his eyes glazing with anger. "Do I really know, Alejandro? Because I'ma be damn honest with ya' mate, I don't fucking see what you looking for with'ha if you're still fucking your ex!"

My fingers ran through my hair, the neat style completely wasted. I shut my eyes, trying to control my damn breathing. "I see something in her, Damien." My body went stiff as I said that. My chest tightening. "I want her to be mine. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

His shoulders tensed and he got quiet. His eyes softened slightly as he caught the look of lost and confusion on my face. "I want her for myself, I crave her touch, her smile, her eyes on me..." Inhaling sharply, I sat down, trying to calm myself down. "Tell me she's mine, Damien."

He was quiet, nothing coming out of his mouth. Refusing to give me the words I desperately needed to hear, something I've been dying to hear. Something I've told myself a hundred times but still doubted it.

My jaw clenched, and I fisted my hair with both hands. Feeling my breathing getting louder and sharper. "I'm trying. I'm fucking trying, you of all people should know that."

"Well, you aren't trying hard enough, mate." He tsked, his words striking another cut in me. "I told you to let her go, she doesn't deserve this."

My shoulders tense, and I snapped my eyes at him. "Why are you so concerned about her all suddenly, mmh?" I felt my veins throb. Blood rushing through my system as this strong adrenaline rushes to me in waves.

Damien grimaced. "She's innocent."

"She's also not any of you fucking business." Damien looked at me, his eyes cold and blank. "It's been two damned days, two damn days that I've made you her personal bodyguard and you're already obsessing over her."

He kissed his teeth at me. "Don't go there, man. It ain't like that-"

"..but it is." I inhaled. "It is like that, isn't it?"

"You know what man, fuck you and your shit." Damien chuckles dryly. "You don't realize it now, but the same shit you did to Stephanie is happening between you and Lysha. Eventually, she'll break too."

"Get the fuck out."

Damien shook his head. Turning around to walk out. "If you loose her, it's all on you, man." I kissed my teeth, annoyed.