On The Mind || Chapter 44

Start from the beginning

     Lorenzo and Luca were at Lucas house drinking and talking just catching up. It had been a few months since Lyla decided to start doing her work, she was still stubborn and hard to deal with but he was just happy she was taking a step towards her future.

"How's your favorite student?" Lorenzo asked teasingly making Luca roll his eyes.

"I don't have favorites, but she's fine."

"How'd you know who I was speaking about?" He raised a brow catching Luca by surprise.

"She's the only student who I constantly get annoyed by and talk to you about, why would you be talking about anyone else?"

"Right..." he teased.

"She's keeping up with her classes and she doesn't look like she's fought a chicken on her way to school anymore." Luca said rolling his eyes but he couldn't bite back the smile. Lorenzo has never seen him this whipped over a girl ever in his life.

"Mmm, guess you really did change her." Lorenzo mentioned with a smirk.

"No; I just believed in her which pushed her to believe in herself." He shrugged and Lorenzo couldn't help but smile.

     Lyla on the other end of this whole situation was enjoying her time away from her teacher. She officially got over whatever she was feeling for him...or so she told herself. She was ready to face her teacher and not react to him when they locked eyes or accidentally touched.

     Lyla was ready to not gawk at him like she use to before along with not reacting to his subtle and gentle touches on her skin that drove her mad. That's what she told herself.

     The following day rolled around and she was now sitting in class with everyone else waiting for their teacher. When he walked in and they locked eyes she was surprised at how calm she was. She didn't react how she did before and she couldn't be happier that he had no control over her...that was until he smirked at her making her heart rate increase.

     The class went by rather slowly and Luca tried his best to ignore her but failed when he would glance her way more than he's use to. After the period came to an end he called her to him and she waited until the class emptied out to make her way to him.

"Sir?" His cologne got into her nose and her legs grew weak.

"You're missing about two essays that were given at the beginning of the semester, I'd like them by tonight."

"Will do." He was surprised that she wasn't snarky or rude about it but just nodded. He honestly just wanted to see her.

"Here, write down your new email so I can email you the ones you need." She nodded and wrote down her email.

"I'll get going, I don't want to be late." He nodded and she headed out. Lyla really hoped she didn't show just how much he had affected her. Especially when their fingers touched when he took the pen from her hands slowly.

     They were both too good at acting since when she left she felt slightly sad that he didn't tease her more than just grazing her fingers and Luca on the other end sat back in his chair feeling slightly down that she was unfazed by his touch and gaze. His mind replayed when he touched her lip, when he touched her chin, just all the subtle touches that have affected her before.

     Two stubborn people playing a dangerous game of mouse and cat though in this case they were both the cat and the mouse, they'll chase when they were ready but they'll want to be chased when they were ready as well.

     Let's see who cracks first under their game of tug of war.

_____

Let the games begin muahaha!!

Xoxo,

~Thunder~

Comment and vote😘‼️