Chapter twenty-seven - Announcement

Start from the beginning

'No, not happening in here!' Jeff quickly said before Newt reached my lips. 'Go find a room.'

'Guess that's my sign.' Newt laughed a little. 'I'll see you later, love.' He walked away.

More cheerful than ever I sat down on the chair with a relieved sigh.

'So...' Clint started, but I ignored him. The only thing I could do was smile and think about Newt.

~

'Why are you so happy?' Chuck asked me when I walked out of the med-hut, still smiling.

'I'm Newt's girlfriend, Chuckie.' I cheerfully replied.

'Ew.' Chuck's face was washed over with disgust. 'And don't call me that.' He added. 'I'm not three years old.

'Whatever you say.' I kept walking and got some lunch. Together me and Chuck sat down at a table. 'So, did you try some jobs out already?' I looked at my cousin.

Chuck's face grew gloomy and he averted his eyes from me.

'Chuck?'

'Alby said I was too young to do an actual job. I'm a Slopper.' He mumbled, clearly not happy.

'Hey, it's alright. I'm sure the job can be fun sometimes.'

'Sloppers aren't fun, Nor.' Chuck replied.

'I'll help you do your tasks sometimes, okay?' I tried to cheer the kid up.

'Okay.' He gave me a sad nod and started eating, which did seemed to cheer him up a little.

'Hey, guys.' Gally sat down across from us. 'I heard Chuck's your cousin?' Gally looked at me.

'That's true.' I answered.

'You don't look alike.' Gally inspected our faces. 'Only the height.'

'Wow, I didn't notice.' I rolled my eyes.

Gally chuckled, but his smile quickly disappeared again. In silence we all kept eating.

~

At dinner I was waiting for Newt, on my own, but instead of him Minho sat down across from me.

'Hey.' I greeted him, glad at least someone joined me. 'How're you? Find anything in the maze?'

'Nope.' Minho replied.

'Can we join?' I looked up and saw Clint and Jeff standing next to our table. They had a grin on their face and I knew exactly what they were doing.

'Actually-' I started, but Minho interrupted me.

'Of course.' Minho moved to the side and the two boys sat down.

'So, Minho,' Jeff started. I shaked my head heavily and gave him a glance. 'We got some news and thought you might wanted to know it.'

I sighed and waited for Minho to response. 'What is it?' Minho was curious.

I was wondering where Newt was. I didn't feel like having this whole conversation without him.

'After breakfast, when me and Clint walked into the med-hut we saw something.' Jeff explained, while Minho was waiting for him to continue. I bit my lip and buried my head in my hands.

'What'd you see?' Minho asked.

'Nora.. and Newt.. together.. kissing..' Jeff said annoyingly slow. A grin slowly appeared on his face and I looked up. It wasn't like I was embarressed, 'cause I wasn't, but this was not exactly how I pictured Minho finding out about me and Newt. 'And then he asked Nora to be his girlfriend right in front of us.'

'Oh, really?' Minho turned to me. 'I knew it.' He mumbled, proudly.

My face flushed red and I slowly nodded. 'It's true.' I admitted.

For a second Minho was stunned, but then he got up. 'Where are Logan and Gally?' He looked around and I noticed the two walking towards us.

'Guys!' Minho said, way too excited, like he was the one who kissed someone. 'Newt and Nora kissed and he asked Nora to be his girlfriend!' He blurted out, a little too loud.

'What?!' Gally and Logan immediately started walking faster and they sat down. 'Really?' They looked at Minho, pretending I wasn't there.

'Yes!' Minho convinced them.

'Guys, guys.' I interrupted their cheering. 'Jeff never said I agreed with being Newt's girlfriend, he only said Newt asked me.' I said, joking around a little. The three boys their faces fell and stunned they looked at me, I had to hold in a laugh at their faces.

'Are you telling me you said no?' Minho looked at me.

Suddenly I felt someone grab my waist and hug me from behind. 'Hey, love.' I immediately recognized the voice and Newt sat down next to me, not knowing what was going on.

'Guys, she obviously said yes. Otherwise they wouldn't act like this.' Logan commented.

'What?' Newt asked before taking a bite of his food.

'They know.' I looked at Newt and waited for his reaction.

'That's great.' Newt's reaction was different than I expected it to be.