The First Adventure (part 3)

3rd pov

Both siblings were just walking. Right now it was quiet. Maria was looking around the area.

(Y/n): Is some thing wrong?

Maria: No... but it seems to quiet. Since after that hoard of goombas and  that star, it feels like it got too quiet to my liking.

(Y/n): Well we're at the end. I see a fort in the distance. Maybe we can go check it.

They made it to the fort. It was small but what they first found was a toad.

Toad: Thank you Maria for finding and visiting this fort. Bowsa put some of us in these but we couldn't get out.

Maria: Well now your free. Now get back to toad town and we'll deal with the rest.

The toad just nodded. He left, shoving (y/n) out of the way when it was clear that (y/n) moved out of the way to let him go.

Toad: *sarcastic* Sorry. But next time don't get in peoples way, like Maria's.

The toad just left. Maria saw the whole thing while she was looking around.

(Y/n): *sigh* Maybe you should go and save the prince by yoursel-

Maria: NO!

(Y/n) just had a surprised look on his face when Maria yelled.

Maria: I mean... we just started. Besides this is our first adventure, I need you with me.

Maria was sweating a bit due to being nervous. She was not gonna lose this opportunity to spend time with with him due to a fucking toad technically  saying that he was nuisance.

Maria: Come on (y/n). Please,for me?

(Y/n) looked back at his sister just to see her making puppy eyes. Her big red eyes trying to make him stay with her.

(Y/n): Fuck. *sigh* Fine.

Maria was celebrating a bit while (y/n) just smiled and shook his head.

(Y/n): I feel like your gonna be the death of me.

Maria: Don't say that, you know you love me. More than anyone else hopefully. Anyway, how about we check what this place has.

They looked around and found a few coins left by the toad. The small fort was just made for the toads that were captured by Bowsa. The same ones that were bringing the ransom.

(Y/n) left the fort to wait for Maria. He remembered someone had sent him food. He took it out of his hat. It was a cake. Or at least he thought it was.

Most of the cakes properties were there. It was just that ... it kinda fell over itself. (Y/n) found it in the front of the door. He thought it was something for Maria, but when he checked the tag, it said it was for him.

He was cautious at first. He thought it was a prank because the gift had no return address or a name from the sender.

None the less he found the 'cake' in the box. It looked like it had melted even if it felt like it was straight out of the oven. The top of the cake had frosting and a face with, he had persumed, was his hat drawn in it. Like the rest of the cake it looked melted.

Right now the cake he had was almost gone! (Y/n) had eaten most of it and, to his surprise, it was actually good.

Once Maria got what they thought was usefull, Maria saw (y/n) eating the cake with a glass of chocolate milk.

Maria: When did you get a cake?

(Y/n): *shrugs* A few days a go I guess. It's not that bad though. Taste like a pudding cup mixed with a brownie. Want a bite.