The birth |Bonus chapter|

First of all, today this book makes 1 year so I wanted to thank every one of you who gave it an opportunity with this bonus chapter. Hope you all enjoy it. Thank you so much for everything and ly all.

"So then I asked her who gave her permission to eat it and guess who it was, her dad obviously

"So then I asked her who gave her permission to eat it and guess who it was, her dad obviously. Alex is trying to take the good parent role and leave me and Tara as the bad ones." Lily huffed as she continued to slice the carrot. "Can you believe it?"

"Maybe he just wanted her to have an ice cream Lily, don't you think you are overreacting a little?" I smile wobbling toward the fridge.

I'm eight months in right now and the weight of my belly is killing me. Now I understand why they say a late pregnancy is difficult. Apart from all the biological reasons physically a forty-year-old body is not as strong as a twenty-eight-year-old one.

"Nah, I'm not, I swear that man has a plan," Lily replies matching my smile.

"You are right, I bet the ice cream was just his first step." I joke with her

About five years ago Hazel Mitchel was born. The daughter of Alex, Lily, and Tara. It had been four years after I had Miles when Lily and Tara started their adoption journey that sadly led nowhere. They waited for almost two years for a baby but it never came so they decided to go follow through with IVF. Lily being as picky as she is found a reason to discard every donor they came across and somehow (no one really knows how this idea came to life) Lily thought about asking Alex to be their donor. Alex had just gotten out of a really messy long-term relationship and was pretty sad about it since he had always wanted kids and thought that would be it for him. That's why when Lily asked and told him that she and Tara would love for him to be involved and not just a donor he agreed. They proceeded with it, Lily was the one to carry and a year later Hazel was born. It might not be the most conventional of families but it works, they live right next to each other in a beautiful residential area of Brooklyn and co-parent.

They all came to visit a few days ago and Alex and Tara had taken Hazel to see the village today. Lily stayed behind with me to help with lunch and Matteo is outside with the Vera and Miles prepping the barbecue. Carlos was supposed to visit too but he got held up back in New York for some work thing.

"That's what I wanted to hear, remember that your loyalty is always with me not with him." Lily laughs washing some tomatoes to add to the salad.

"You are right I should have- Ow fuck, no no no." I protest as I feel a powerful pain in my belly and notice the puddle of water under me.

No this is not supposed to happen, not yet. Not now.

"Danni, what's wrong?" Lily turns around at the sound of my cries. "Oh, I see." She looks down at where I'm looking. "Let me help you." She runs to me and takes my hand to help me move away from the water.

"It's not time. Lily, it's not the time." I mutter putting my hand around my sore belly.

"It's okay Danni. How far along are you?" She snaps right into nurse mode.