|30| The wanting

"How was the dessert?" The waitress asks taking away the now empty cups of tiramisu

"It was delicious." I give her a sweet smile.

"Ready to go then?" Matteo asks.

"Ready." I nod and he stands up from the chair to help me up.

"Such a gentleman." I take his hand.

"Always." He smiles and we get back to the car.

"Did you have fun?" He asks starting up the car and driving away.

"I did, going out was something I didn't know I needed so thank you." I tell him truly appreciating it.

Somewhere along the night we got ourselves to calm down and enjoy the nice dinner, having a break from our little game. We talked, joked. From the outside we probably looked like a normal couple going out to nice dinner date.

"It was the least I could do, after all I'm the one who put you in this mess." He smiles but I notice this troubles him more than what he shows.

"I trust you." I tell him and he looks at me surprised. "I know you will figure this out."

"That means a lot, thank you." His smile is sincere.

"So what now, we go home?" I wonder.

"We could drive around the city, prolongue this night for a bit if you want." He keeps his eyes on the road.

"I will like that." I move forward and put some music on, save your tears is playing. "I love this song."

"You do?" He looks at me.

"Of course I do, come on don't tell me you don't." I start to hum to the song.

"It's not my style." He shrugs his shoulders.

Well then I'm going to make sure he can never forget it.

"Yeah I broke your heart like someone did to mine." I start to mutter the words. "And now you won't love me for a second time." I put the volume up.

"Really, you are going to sing now?" He laughs.

Usually I will be embarrassed but something about this feels so natural. I know he won't judge me. Laugh maybe but that's the idea.

"I don't know why I run away. I make you cry when I run way." I keep going and he shakes his head.

"Sure keep going." He chuckles.

"Save your tears for you tears for another day." I look up to him and find him staring with a big smile.

"Save your tears for another day." He finally follows my lead.

"See I know you liked it." I give him a soft pat on the shoulder with a smile and we keep listening and singing from time to time until the song finishes.