|9| The thinking

After the eventful afternoon, I didn't hear anything about Matteo or Carlos, the rest of the day went by in peace

After the eventful afternoon, I didn't hear anything about Matteo or Carlos, the rest of the day went by in peace. Matteo didn't leave his room and I'm pretty sure Carlos stayed with him making sure he didn't pass out so we never met for dinner.

Being alone allowed me to think about everything that happened. When he asked me about how I found the languages section I thought I was done for, that he would never allow me to get out of my room again. Instead, he just questioned me about it like he somehow really wanted to know if I had figured it out — he was simply... curious.

And I think now I do have an idea of what they could be involved in. It was more than clear that it was illegal and dangerous but no matter how many times I told my brain to stop I keep wanting more information, in a way I guess I feel like a part of me deserves answers.

Then he came closer and started to answer my questions — vaguely but answering, every step he gave made my heart jump, and even though everything was telling me to run I just stood there asking stuff until it became too overwhelming.

His presence made me feel like all the air in the room left and it was just me suffocating with an unknown man who looked capable of anything.

Looks like being out of business is one of the hardest things for him, losing that control. But I wonder if that's enough to lead you into drinking half a bottle of liquor or if maybe alcohol is his usual way of escaping.

I don't hate alcohol but I definitely don't have a good relationship with it since I lost my parents to an accident caused by it. That's why my professionalism left me for a second and blamed him for the stupid act he committed.

It's like the more time I spend here I discover a different part of him and it scares me that every day I become more curious about it. He is different from every person I have ever met before. He intrigues me — when he shouldn't.

He was like different pieces of a puzzle, none are the same but they somehow fit together. And this is probably the first puzzle I had ever wanted to complete.

It is around nine in the morning now and Felix hasn't called me for breakfast yet. I pressed the button a few times but got no answer so I decided to go down on my own. I know I can leave the room but it still feels weird. Closing my very used cardigan with my arms I leave the room and follow the path to the kitchen. Just when I enter I see Carlos at the stove.

"Hi." I say unsure.

"Danielle. Good morning." His tone is casual maybe even a little too casual.

"I couldn't get ahold of Felix I hope it's fine that I'm down here." I close my cardigan harder against my body as if that would do something to protect from this man.

"It's his free day. And it's fine, want coffee?" He asks me still facing the stove.

"Sure." I don't really understand when his asshole attitude changed or why but I guess I will take it.