|58| The surprise

"Danielle?" Alex opens the front door in utter confusion

"Danielle?" Alex opens the front door in utter confusion. "What's going on? God are you okay, what happened?" He notices my bruises.

"Agent Clark." The man says introducing himself from behind the door.

"I'm Alex, can someone tell me what's going on?" He brings me inside to check my head.

"There's an investigation in place so I can't tell you much, we just need you to look out for her, there's also men outside for precaution." He explains as he tries to understand and I sit over the sofa fully out of my senses. "This is my number, I can't stay so call me if needed." He leaves.

"Danni what happened?" He practically ignores the man and turns to me.

"Danni?" Lily comes in a wheelchair. "What's going on?"

I stare at the carpet and I can't even process what their voices, is just muffled sounds without a meaning.

"Danielle?" She tries once again. "I need you to talk to me, what happened?"

"He- they have him and they wouldn't let me help I-" I try to say.

"Danni you are safe, breathe, in and out." Alex kneels in front of me and makes me look up to him while Lily tries to get of her chair ignoring the pain on her ribs. "What happened?"

"I left him, I got mad and I- I didn't think and now he might be gone. Everything is my fault." I start to rumble.

I shouldn't have left like that, I should have told him where I was going. If had none of this will had happened. I let my anger get the best of me and now I got us in this situation.

"I'm here, you are not alone Danni, tell me what's going on and we will try to fix it." Lily tries to soothe me.

"The FBI, they got him but he wasn't the one who did it, he was saving me. I don't understand." I keep saying no sense.

"Matteo? They have Matteo?" She tries to piece the puzzle together. "Why was he saving you?"

"Garcia he, he got me and then- oh my god Miles." I feel tears coming out of my eyes. "They have him also."

"Danielle everything will be okay you need to breathe so we can figure this out." Lily tries once again.

"I have to call Carlos." I get up in a rush. "Where's your phone? I need a phone."

"It's in my bag I just got home from the hospital." She says.

"Here, have mine." Alex hands me his phone.

"Carlos." I say his name as soon as he picks up.

"Danielle? Are you okay? What happened, do they have him?" He starts to hit me with questions.

"I don't know.. I- everything happened so fast." I go back through all that went on. "He got shot and then they arrested him, they wouldn't let me help, they wouldn't.."