|21| The feeling

"Are you ready?" Carlos asks me with some of the men next to him

"Remind me why we are doing this again." I huff.

"We need to talk with the different associations to know where they stand Matteo." He explains.

"You are the one who does the socializing not me." We walk to the garage.

There are two very important parts to a business and luckily Carlos and I excel at one each. He makes sure to put us out there, gets us buyers, associates. And I make sure the transactions run smoothly.

"These are important matters, not having you there will give us a bad image Matteo." He tries to convince me.

"Yeah yeah okay." I adjust my suit jacket and get inside the car with Carlos.

We drive to the club and go up to the VIP section. We are about to enter when Carlos stops me.

"Compórtate." (Behave)

"Lo haré." (I will)

He walks inside the room and the men inside get up to greet us.

"Nice to see you again Matteo." Alessio Vitelli, boss of one of the biggest 'wineries' and the biggest asshole.

"Yeah same." I shake his hand trying not to show that much contempt.

"He is still not a people person." He turns to Carlos with a chuckle and Carlos gives him one of his fake yet believable smiles.

We all sit down and I let Carlos do the talking just interfering when necessary.

"Well, then it's settled. We will keep in touch." Carlos finally finishes, shaking everyone's hands. "All the expenses on us, enjoy the night." I give them all a nod and move to my usual place over the VIP section.

"Carolina," I call one of the waitresses.

"Yes sir?" She replies politely.

"Tequila, double." I sit over a free table.

I hadn't touched a drink for days and that's honestly the longest I had ever lasted. And it was all because of her. She distracted me, allowed my mind to have a break for once in my life but now she is gone and as the weak man I am I go back to my good old friend. Alcohol is always there. An easy way to escape my own thoughts.

"Here you have it." Carolina gives me a small smile and gets back to work.

I get two seconds of peace to enjoy my drink when Carlos comes.